Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

FS Dreamteam Problem?

I did a system recovery and as a result lost serial numbers to all of my add-ons. I've been able to install nearly all of the payware and there were many. I purchased many airports including GSX from FS Dreamteam  and for the past several days have been waiting for the serial numbers. I was told they were e-mailed to my personal e-mail account but haven't seen it, even though I checked the filters. I posted on the FS Dreamteam forum and was told they would be e-mailed in other ways. I even asked for the numbers to be sent via my forum mailbox, still nothing.

My question is am I the only one who is having trouble with FS Dreamteam or are there others. If there are others how did you get it fixed? I love their airports and GSX, but the customer service isn't anything to brag about as far as I am concerned.

Not sure why you are looking for e-mails.  Did they change the procedures.  I looked on page 8 of the FSDT Install Guide and it provided the exact procedures I have to follow in the event I lost my keys or .reg file.

If you did a system recovery I doubt you lost your .reg files.  There is no reason why a system recovery would overwrite your User files.  Maybe if you had to reinstall Windows but that would be rare.  My .reg files are located in c:\Users\(my username).

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hey Jim, are you thinking of a system restore?

A system recovery restores the whole system to how it originally was, you have to start again just like brand new.

Aaron Tirrell

I did a system recovery and as a result lost serial numbers to all of my add-ons. I've been able to install nearly all of the payware and there were many. I purchased many airports including GSX from FS Dreamteam  and for the past several days have been waiting for the serial numbers. I was told they were e-mailed to my personal e-mail account but haven't seen it, even though I checked the filters. I posted on the FS Dreamteam forum and was told they would be e-mailed in other ways. I even asked for the numbers to be sent via my forum mailbox, still nothing.

My question is am I the only one who is having trouble with FS Dreamteam or are there others. If there are others how did you get it fixed? I love their airports and GSX, but the customer service isn't anything to brag about as far as I am concerned.

Your personal email account does not have the purchase emails stored? That has your serial number.

I just found a report that I made prior to the recovery. It's called Belarc Advisor and it listed all the add-on including the serial numbers. It was buried under a stack of papers in my cockpit so my problem is solved. A word about system recovery for Windows 10. It will not delete data on the E: Drive ( my FSX location ) only the C: Drive. I had to un-install everything on the E: Drive because I was switching from FSX Boxed to FSX SE. Very happy and glad that move was made. Thanks guys!

A system recovery restores the whole system to how it originally was, you have to start again just like brand new.

Not necessarily - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options.  And, based on OP's comments above where the serial numbers were shown in Belarc Advisor, his registry was not changed.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim, I think you misunderstood. I think what he meant is that he used a backup utility to load an old image of his computer (prior to the time that he had installed his FSDT stuff) onto a blank, or reformatted hard drive. The image never contained the reg files that he needs. I don't think he was talking about Windows System Restore. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

I have a Word document I maintain, and backup, that has all of my Serial and Key numbers along with invoice numbers and invoice/registration dates. I started it when I migrated to FSX in 2009. When I get a confirmation or registration email on a new purchase I find the appropriate information and copy and paste it to  the end of my document. From there it is easy to locate information for reinstalls. Simply copy and paste where appropriate.  Made it real easy when I built a new system last year. Saves a lot of time vs digging around in email archives, hunting.

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I have a Word document I maintain, and backup, that has all of my Serial and Key numbers along with invoice numbers and invoice/registration dates.

Ditto.  I also upload it to Google Drive.

I don't think he was talking about Windows System Restore.

Happy Thanksgiving.  Now I'm really confused as the OP's first sentence says... 

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

I posted on the FS Dreamteam forum and was told they would be e-mailed in other ways.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14572.msg106870.html#msg106870

You have been told to contact us by email:

If you contact us by email, we can use a different system to send the purchase receipts, one that will hopefully not end up filtered on your end.

The reason why I needed an email from you, was to be sure I was replying to an email address I could reasonably assume to be a working one!

But you never sent any emails, until yesterday at 22:54 (my time). 

To that (your first and only) email, I replied today at 10:45 (my time), about TWO working hours after you sent it, not "several days", considering your FIRST post on our forum was dated Nov. 21th, and you waited until very late Nov. 22 to finally send the email, as requested.

So, as long as the FSDT customer service is concerned, you cannot say anything other than it has been very fast, as soon as you complied with our request to contact us by email.

" But you never sent any emails, until yesterday at 22:54 (my time). "  I beg to differ. I sent two from my home e-mail and two messages to your personal on your forum, all on different days, but the bottom line is that I

have the serial numbers and I like your airports and will buy more in the future.

" But you never sent any emails, until yesterday at 22:54 (my time). "  I beg to differ. I sent two from my home e-mail and two messages to your personal on your forum, all on different days, but the bottom line is that I

have the serial numbers and I like your airports and will buy more in the future.

As I've said, the first email I received from you about this issue, was that one. The others where from March 2016, when you had the same identical issue, not receiving emails from Esellerate, so I had to send your purchase receipt manually back then.

That's why I was a bit upset of your comments about the supposed slowness of our customer service, considering you already experienced it how fast we fix these issues, when you had the same issue in March. Maybe you forgot about it ?

I explained why I wanted an email, not a PM on the forum, since I needed to be sure you were using an email address I could reasonably sure I could reply to.

Happy Thanksgiving.  Now I'm really confused as the OP's first sentence says... 

Best regards,

Jim

It's like when someone tells you that they are drinking a "Coke", but it's really the store brand cola. system restore / System Recovery - it's all sorta the same thing, right?  :Tounge:

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440