Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Oh to have a 744 Freighter to put these textures on....

I'm really enjoying the iFly 744, and started a few paints for her.  This is one I've ALWAYS loved (metal and Cathay...and a Freighter...the triple crown!)

Waiting to put these textures on to whatever 744F comes out next (iFly has not released theirs yet, and of course PMDG's lovely rendition is still in beta).

However the lack of the proper model doesn't stop a painter (not this one anyway, hehe)...if there was only a way to block the windows on the iFly model, I could make a BCF which I think Cathay flew at one time.

Anyway...not spending much time refining this paint until I get the real model, but regardless she sure looks pretty banking into a sunset don't you think?  :smile:

80Ocvm.jpg

Otb5zE.jpg

Ypm1qX.jpg

• Upvote 4

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Nice, here's that livery on a PMDG 744F (Original)

fsx%202016-11-23%2000-43-44-52_zpsinxydw

Very nice Tom!

A swear even as old as the original PMDG 747 is, that model is very nice!

I can't wait to paint it on the V3!

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I'm really enjoying the iFly 744, and started a few paints for her.  This is one I've ALWAYS loved (metal and Cathay...and a Freighter...the triple crown!)

Waiting to put these textures on to whatever 744F comes out next (iFly has not released theirs yet, and of course PMDG's lovely rendition is still in beta).

However the lack of the proper model doesn't stop a painter (not this one anyway, hehe)...if there was only a way to block the windows on the iFly model, I could make a BCF which I think Cathay flew at one time.

Anyway...not spending much time refining this paint until I get the real model, but regardless she sure looks pretty banking into a sunset don't you think?  :smile:

Holy smokes! Is this on Avsim yet?! 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Great repaint, enjoyed seeing "The Sliver Bullet" in Manchester UK when she used to visit.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Love the big bird all shiny!

HLJAMES

Thanks guys!

Hey Josh, I'm not releasing her until I can put her on the proper model.  With the iFly model, you have to modify 14 textures for just the fuse and vertical stab, so I can't spend that much time on one paint that won't be correct without the right model.

I can refine the masters and have them done to put on the right model, which I'll do as soon as iFly releases it.

LoL, Ed...our LDS AA 767 joint venture is still my all time download.  Still looks great even at the resolution we painted it at all those years ago.  Can't go wrong with a nice metal livery.

Hey Imran, I've seen her at KLAX...such a nice looking bird!

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

That LDS 767 AA paint is my all time favorite.  It was, and still is, a masterpiece!

Best,

Jim Harnes

That LDS 767 AA paint is my all time favorite.  It was, and still is, a masterpiece!

Best,

Jim Harnes

Thanks Jim!

Yes....Ed created the awesome textures (off a Tony Best photo, right Ed?  :wink: ...hehe still remember).  I ported the textures to the LDS model and did a lot of custom alpha layer work to enhance the metal look.  Still my favorite too, but sadly my LDS 767 is parked in Victorville. :sad:  (I refuse to let them cut her up for scrap though!)

0olq8r.jpg

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

However the lack of the proper model doesn't stop a painter.....

Don't Posky have a 744 BCF model without windows? You said you don't need a proper model...

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Don't Posky have a 744 BCF model without windows? You said you don't need a proper model...

You can "paint" over windows and remove normal map of those areas. Barely visible at that point.

Not to mention a real "F" is coming soon from PMDG :)

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

You can "paint" over windows and remove normal map of those areas. Barely visible at that point.

But I'm painting the iFly model....I don't need a proper model of the iFly 744 to mock up the paint, but for the final paint of course I will .  :wink:

I'm not finding a way to do that with the iFly model.  I did paint over the windows on the texture map, but the windows are built into the model.  (the Alpha layer is no help either, its not used to control the appearance of the windows)

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

But I'm painting the iFly model....I don't need a proper model of the iFly 744 to mock up the paint, but for the final paint of course I will .  :wink:

I'm not finding a way to do that with the iFly model.  I did paint over the windows on the texture map, but the windows are built into the model.  (the Alpha layer is no help either, its not used to control the appearance of the windows)

My bad then.

I have trouble reading today lol.

Time to take meds and go to sleep haha.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png