Sign in to follow this  
bowingic

Landclass to go with Evo 2015?

Wondering if anyone can provide links to landclass downloads (payware or freeware) that are best for use with Evo.

I remember there was a global landclass called Myworld FS2004 but after Googling I can't find any current download or supplier source.

Any help appreciated

Ian

Ian Cameron

I purchased MyWorld 2004 at Simmarket over ten years ago, but it looks like the product is no longer being sold by that vendor.

I would contact the author of MyWorld2004, Burhkard Renk, and ask him about where you could purchase his landclass product. He runs a support forum for MyTrafficX here:

http://forum.simflight.com/forum/7-mytraffic-support-forum/

In the best-case scenario, he might make it available for download for free (like he did with MyTraffic for FS2004). During the 9 years that I have flown FS2004, I found his landclasses to be the best with regard to the balance between coverage (worldwide) and accuracy.

Thanks Afterburner and Sascha

I couldn't find a contact email for Burhkard so I put the query in the general discussion area of the My Traffic support forum where it appears to have been removed (understandably) I suspect due to being off topic. So looks like My World landclass might be hard to come by.

I already had the Avsim landclass thanks Sascha and the regional ones in the Evo readme. I was mainly looking for a global one that also did the vegetation areas.

Appreciate your replies

Ian

Ian Cameron

I was mainly looking for a global one that also did the vegetation areas.

I don't think one exists, sadly. There are a number of freeware landclasses for regions off the usual scope. I found some hidden gems here: http://www.freewarescenery.com/fs2004.html

Cheers,

Sascha