Sign in to follow this  
mgh

AVSIM Releases Software Vendors Survey

>Do not attempt to take this survey until you have the time to>complete it. Tom,You made the process unnecessarily cumbersome and hard.There is no need on the same page to check 5 or 6 times that you never bought products from this vendor (and if you skip some you can't continue). You should have been able to say it once and go to the next vendor (page). I just want to make this simple observation.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

Ooops, didn't read down far enough.:-) Thanks guys!

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I still haven't got the confirmation email with a password... all that time for nothing!

I thought this too, but I went with it in order to complete the survey.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Two questions;You did use a real (read - your) email address, right?Your spam filters didn't knock out the response from AVSIM, did they?

I very much like the concept of individual surveys reset every 6 months or so - probably easier to set up and maintain, as well. None the less, I applaud your efforts with this first shot! :-) DJ

yep I typed the correct address and nothing in my spam folder, I will check again now

>Two questions;>>You did use a real (read - your) email address, right?>>Your spam filters didn't knock out the response from AVSIM,>did they?Mine either came late in the evening, hours after completing the survey and sending the E-mail address, or the next morning. But I didn't go back and try to pick up where I left off.L.Adamson

Guest Edam

>Mine either came late in the evening, hours after completing>the survey and sending the E-mail address, or the next>morning. But I didn't go back and try to pick up where I left>off.>>L.Adamson:-violin :-violin :-violin

"We don't claim to include all commercial vendors, just those that are "major" players in our hobbby today."I guess we need a poll for us "minor players" too, eh?

BobK

if you just follow the link it remembers your settings and submits them. Mine finally came an hour later

TomI've just completed the survey (it was tedious to have to check I have never purchased one of their products so cannot rate them four times on a page!) but the email response was almost instantaneous.However, there is a flaw in the way the percentages are calculated for each vendor. It is calculated by dividing the number of specific replies relating to a vendor by the total number of replies to all vendors.That's pretty meaningless because the total number of replies includes those who haven't bought anything from that vendor and so are in no position to rate the vendor.A more meaningful calculation would be to divide the number of specific replies to a vendor by the total number of replies from those who had actually bought something from that vendor. Taking Abacus as an example (simply because its the first in the list), the results when I last checked its Overall Rating it showed that the number of replies giving it the highest rating (5) is 14 and 611 of the replies were from those who hadn't bought an Abacus product. The total number of replies was 1032. This means that only 421 (1032-611) of those replying had bought an Abacus product.The survey results say that 1.4% (14*100/1032) of those who replied to the survey gave Abacus the highest overall rating. I'm sure you'd agree that a more meaningful result is 3.3% (14*100/421) based on those who bought from Abacus. The survey results are also biased against vendors with lower sales and likely lower response rates. If 100 replies give a vendor the top rating, that's 100% of those who've bought. However if the total number of replies is 1000 that figure would fall to 10%.Can the calculation be changed?BTW for the avoidance of doubt, I have no association with any vendor and have bought from only two of them in the survey.EDITED TO MAKE MORE GENERAL