Sign in to follow this  
UncleBob

Open lc NA alaska/canada

Does anyone know If my open lc NA Alaska/Canada is lost for good?

I bought Alaska/Canada back in march 2016 and missed out on the 30 day "discount" after full release.

I complained about this in orbx forums and questioned the moral and legal reasoning for me having to buy Alaska/Canada twice. I said I was not looking for a discount but rather not be forced to buy Alaska/Canada twice wich is what I have to do to get the full release or even the Product I bought since there is no way for me to download just Alaska/Canada. The link in flightsim store are gone. There is also no way for me to download the Product i bought, Alaska/Canada, from ftx Central v3.

I got banned from their forum trying to speak to other users in general discoussion.

Is this really wrong of me, beeing upset about them taking my Money and denie me the Product i bought? And if I want to get the full release I have to buy Alaska/Canada twice really.

They advertise that their policy is "customer is king", I mean, hello, heellooo, what is this?

I am very dissapointed in having my rights as customer taken away and my Money i spent is gone. I can not get the Product I bought from ftx Central v3 or from flightsimstore.

Does anyone know If my open lc NA Alaska/Canada is lost for good?

No just go back to the flightsim store  to your  account  and  download  again if  you actually bought  it  in the first place,  don't know  why you were  asked  to buy it  twice  doesn't  make  sense

I can not get the Product I bought from ftx Central v3 or from flightsimstore.

to get  the product  from ftx  v3  you had  to transferr  the licenses  across   from flight simstore,  

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I think you are right, but nothing you can do, I guess. Maybe you can buy the rest in one of the sales.

No just go back to the flightsim store  to your  account  and  download  again if  you actually bought  it  in the first place,  don't know  why you were  asked  to buy it  twice  doesn't  make  sense

to get  the product  from ftx  v3  you had  to transferr  the licenses  across   from flight simstore,  

I guess he transferred already and that is the problem. So he can't download it from flightsimstore anymore and also can't download it with FTX Central 3 because this product is not existing anymore.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

that is right, I transferred the Licenses to update vector, I had to do that to have my Products supported With updates. I had no idea my open lc NA Alaska/Canada would be lost.

Now my dl link from flightsimstore is gone.

I wasnt asked to buy it twice but that is what I have to do to get it back. Dont you see? Alaska/Canada that was released early is part of the full release lc NA. So if I buy full released LC NA technically I have bought that region twice.

Having a 30 day special discount for early buyers is just fine and makes totally sense. You cant have a discount open for ever. But Close Down Peoples purchase in 30 days after full release is crazy.

The normal thing to do here is to subtract the part I payed, Alaska/Canada from full price. How can this not be common sense and a decent approach to customers?

Ok, if they refuse to honor my purchase towards a full released Product, then for Gods sake dont steal away the Product I actually payed for. It is gone, for now at least.

My headline for the post that got me banned was a question. "orbx getting bigger, behavior getting worse?"  I just cant shake that question off. I used to love orbx Products but this has just destroyed my trust in them.

I'd raise this with Flight Sim Store as the original transaction for the sale was with them, just keep calm and you'll be sorted out - they're ok, you just need to deep breathe!

They said they were going to put Alaska/Canada back so you can download it again. I don't see the issue. If you want the full NA LC then you will have to buy that. Personally I would just wait for the sale and get it then usually 40% off. The sale usually starts about now.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

You aren't buying it twice. You're buying, if you do; the full package of North American LC, including Alaska, Canada and Mexico, besides the contiguous states. And as Josh said, the problem of FTX 3 not recognising the earlier version is being fixed.

They spent six months warning you that the upgrade sale  would only be for 30 days after the release of the full NA LC.

If Alaska/Canada that I paid for are implemented in the full release and I buy that at full price I will have paid for Alaska/Canada twice. If you dont see this then it is a defensive point of view and certainly not within the policy "customer is king". When they release parts of a Whole Product early it is the Natural flow of Things to Upgrade from the part(s) you have already bought. Missing out on a special discount is quite ok, but removing all possibilities of building further towards a full released Product after they have released that full Products in part(s) is really not "customer is king".

If Alaska/Canada that I paid for are implemented in the full release and I buy that at full price I will have paid for Alaska/Canada twice. If you dont see this then it is a defensive point of view and certainly not within the policy "customer is king". When they release parts of a Whole Product early it is the Natural flow of Things to Upgrade from the part(s) you have already bought. Missing out on a special discount is quite ok, but removing all possibilities of building further towards a full released Product after they have released that full Products in part(s) is really not "customer is king".

Unless you speak directly to the ORBX official forum, your argument will fall on deaf ears.  The ORBX team is receptive, though I cannot say for sure they would be able to rectify your particular situation.

As Sue pointed out above, they gave plenty of time to the users to take advantage of the upgrade, though it may be possible that ORBX will run sales in the future.

From a technical standpoint, it had been said that the reason why they decided to re-release the first part was to ensure proper integration of the first with the second, for lighting, scenery and everything else, so OpenLC NA would be all one unified region.

Have you tried to purchase OpenLC NA, through the new store, to see if you are granted a discount?

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

The sale is on now and you can get it for $25 us.  You paid $20 for the first part, now add the $25 for the second part and you are now getting it $15 bellow the $59retail value.

• Upvote 1

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Yeah - I haven't migrated yet and I noticed my downloads at FSS are gone... Fortunately - I have all my files...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

If you haven't migrated yet, your downloads should still be there. Contact Adrian. That's not right.

Sue

Hi Sue,

Thanks - - appreciate the help...

Yeah - more trouble than it's worth as I backed up all my stuff...

I see from the ORBX forums - that the migration still seems like a nightmare for MANY...

I've been trying to wait for the dust to settle before attempting... LOL - I've seen complaints of multi-day download speeds... Uggh...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

LOL - I've seen complaints of multi-day download speeds... Uggh...

only  to some  users  just downloaded  and installed  na  southen  alsaka  and pavd   using  ftxv3   under  30 minutes

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

25 pages of problems with ORBX direct in less than a month, and still counting...

Let's start with the obvious:  Customer support at ORBX is abominable.  The customer is not treated like a king, but like a serf.

I don't know all the whys and wherefores, but when you sign up for FTX Central 3, your files on the Flightsim store are nuked.  The Flightsim store says this was ORBX's doing, and they can only restore links with ORBX's approval.

JV has been complaining that users are doing too many downloads because they are "archiving" their purchases.  Where he getting this information, or how he knows the reasons people are downloading their products is a mystery.  I mean, no where on the site does it ask WHY people are downloading the software they have purchased.  I just do not understand the need to blame his customers because he did not want to pay for enough bandwidth.

If JV is really concerned about the number of downloads people are making, he should encourage them to download from the Flightsim store -- but he nuked that option.  Go figure.

My theory is that ORBX took a look at the cut the Flightsim store was taking on every purchase, and decided they would rather get the money themselves.  So they set up their own retail operation, and pulled their products from the Flightsim store.  A lot of developers do this.

The problem with this is most developers don't know how to do retail.  Retail is hard.  Among other things, you have to deal with unhappy customers.  As they say, a happy customer tells one, an unhappy customer tells 20.  And a really unhappy customer posts on Avsim.

Plus, there is a lot of expense in setting up any retail operation, especially one as complex as FTX Central 3.  Yes, there is also the expense of having enough bandwidth.  These expenses easily can eat up any profits made by selling directly, as opposed to going to a retailer.

A developer also can anticipate diminished sales -- for the customer, its the difference between going to Walmart for a can of soup, or ordering the can of soup directly from Campbell's.  For the customer, there is an advantage to the one stop shopping and convenience offered by retailers.  Anyway, that's my theory.

This is not helped by the fact that JV has a very thin skin and something of an explosive temper.  (At least that is my impression from his public posts and comments to me.)  He comes off like the Soup ###### on Seinfeld.  This is a very bad temperament to have in retail.  I think he expects customers to treat him with kid gloves and not hurt his feelings.  A CEO can get away with being short tempered with his subordinates, but a salesman cannot get away with being rude to his customers.  Especially if he wants repeat business. After all, a salesman is selling himself more than he is selling a product.

Unfortunately, JV's response to any complaints is to ban the complainer.  With ORBX direct, this may mean you are no longer able to access your purchases.  I'm sorry, but if you hand over your money, you have paid for customer service.  And you have also paid for the right to complain if you don't think you are being treated right or if a product does not work as promised.

I can also understand why ORBX would not want to see complaints in their forum.  But this is how they have chosen to deal with customer complaints and problems.  It would be a lot smarter to go to a ticket system or just use e-mail.  In a public forum, all of the problems are going to be broadcast to all of your customers.  You can probably get away with it as a developer, but it is not a particularly good idea for a retailer.  It is smarter not to cut corners on delivering customer service.

The business smart thing for JV would have been to offer you a credit in the amount of your discount on your next purchase.  It really would not have cost him anything (the marginal cost of an additional download is almost zero), and it would have made for a happy customer.  Banning you was just plain stupid.

I am thinking I got rooked, too.  I bought Alaska/Canada, and I also bought North America on the day it came out.  I don't recall getting any discount.

I was a good customer who bought most of their products.  Not anymore.

• Upvote 1