Sign in to follow this  
jackralston

Tropicalsim KDCA buildings float

Right, I have searched numerous posts/websites/links trying to find a solution to this problem and unfortunately I cannot find anything. Basically the terminal buildings all seem to float a few metres off the ground. Only ground textures/mesh I have installed are UT USA and FSGenesis. Any ideas on how to fix it? 

Cheers

Disable the FSG mesh and see if it makes a difference. Tropical Sim never fixed this for the FS9 version as I recall.  Make sure you have the current version and also make sure you don't have any other AFCADs or other KDCA files in your scenery directory - UT may have installed something and if you ever had the Cloud9 scenery make sure it is all gone. It's been so long I've forgotten what I did, but it works perfectly now.

DJ

I have TropicalSim KDCA installed and have no problems. I do recall a few people reporting this 'floating' issue, and I think that a service pack or update was issued - that was several years ago. Have you checked their forums? I think it was user-specific and depended on add-ons installed.

Graeme Butler

Use a flatten like this:

Flatten.0=15,N38 51.72,W77 2.85,N38 51.72,W77 2.03,N38 50.54,W77 2.03,N38 50.54,W77 2.85

You can copy the above line and paste it into your scenery.cfg as last line of the KDCA entry.

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 6:00 AM, rainerk said:

Use a flatten like this:

Flatten.0=15,N38 51.72,W77 2.85,N38 51.72,W77 2.03,N38 50.54,W77 2.03,N38 50.54,W77 2.85

You can copy the above line and paste it into your scenery.cfg as last line of the KDCA entry.

I have the Tropicalsim KDCA (FS2004) the White House is floating and also some surrounded buildings as well. I think that Flatten entry for the Scenery.cfg needs additional lines.

KDCAWhiteHousefloating.jpg

Patricio Valdes

Just a thought....if you had installed Shez's KDCA scenery in the past, you may have also installed an elevation fix for his airport and if so, it may be the problem.  You may want to search for all files containing "DCA" in FS9, and remove them if they are not part of TSim's scenery.  I think the fix is still in the library so you can search for the exact name of the file here.

The file you're referring to might be "3altfix.zip" with corrections for 3 of Shez's sceneries.  An extract from its Readme shows

"Each file in this zip archive is an FS9 BGL file for a
single airport.  Install only the corresponding file for
any of Shez' airport scenery you have installed and active.
They must be installed into the regional scenery folder that
contains the default airport scenery AP file:

KBUR_Burbank_BUR2005_238pt950.bgl          scenery\namw\scenery
KSNA_John_Wayne_Santa_Ana_SNA2004_17pt359.bgl     scenery\namw\scenery
KDCA_Reagan_National_dca2002_4pt880.bgl     scenery\name\scenery"

The files aren't in each separate scenery if installed as per instructions.

Colin B

19 hours ago, cbrown said:

KDCA_Reagan_National_dca2002_4pt880.bgl     scenery\name\scenery

Tried and didn't work. Also, testing that file placed in Tropicalism\kdcax\scenery and still WH floating.

Patricio Valdes

You weren't meant to use that file!  You should check your FS9 folder......\scenery\name\scenery, and if it's there, then disable it.

It was Steve0616's suggestion if you had previously used Shez's scenery of KDCA.

Colin B

2 hours ago, cbrown said:

You should check your FS9 folder......\scenery\name\scenery, and if it's there, then disable it.

Sure, I don't have such file then.

Patricio Valdes