Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

OK - I guess she's a keeper...

Thank you, but where is a link?

We're on Avsim, which has a pretty expansive file library. And guess what entering "N474AN" into the search box there yields...?

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Hi Bjoern,

A nice "respectable" biz jet paint - looks mighty fine sir...

Hi Robert,

Yeah - another way is just search for Learjet in the file library and sort by date... Any recent paints should show up...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Took the Lear for a spin from Greenville to Kingston, Jamaica (~1000 nm) but got an OOM error on descent at around 50 nm out. With DX10.

This is the same issue that really dented my enthusiasm for the JF L-1011.

*Sigh*

Let's hope the VAS patch improves things.

Things I've noticed during the flight:

• All cockpit clocks only count up to 99 minutes.
  • "SPD" mode did not work at all, regardless of "ALT/Sel" mode engaged or not
  • Altitude hold did not disengage when the "ALT/Hld" or "ALT/sel" button was turned off. I had to set the target altitude first.

Can anyone confirm these?

One for the bizjet drivers: Is a Lear 35 at ~14000 lbs really that much of a rocket?

I didn't even use full throttle and went through 10000 faster than I could wrap my head around what was happening. Granted, I'm only used to 727s and DC-9s, but this was a F-104 like experience.

And it felt odd that I had to keep some power applied on descent. Is this also normal?

Hi Bjoern,

A nice "respectable" biz jet paint - looks mighty fine sir...

Hi Robert,

Yeah - another way is just search for Learjet in the file library and sort by date... Any recent paints should show up...

Regards,

Scott

Thank you Scott.

I've been flying this jet A LOT on pilot edge....  it has really grown on me.  VAS isn't a big issue for me on P3D and it's fairly FPS friendly.  And then Scott made such nice paints it's easy to fly those around.

I thought SPD mode wasn't modeled.  Or maybe I missed that part.  I basically have the same issue with the ALT hold... it's a little funky.  It's more for altitude arming (alt capture) when you're climbing in a vertical mode I think.  Yes, you need to set the new altitude first, then press alt hold, then pitch down/trim, then press VS mode to lock in the VS speed.  I think it is a bit of a rocket, I'm not sure if that's realistic, but I say on a medium load (in load manager) I can do about 4000-5000 fpm at 250 kias through 10000, then I pitch down for 270 kias in a climb and that is around 3000 fpm, slows to 2000 fpm into the flight levels, and at mach transition I climb around .65 or maybe .70 if I've got a long way to go.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Speed hold seems to work fine for me in climbs or descents if:

- I set a target altitude

- Turn off ALTHLD if on

- Arm ALTSEL

- Put the a/c in a climb or descent

- Push SPD when the desired IAS is reached

Speed hold is only used for climbs or descents.

Al

• Upvote 1

OK - it's a 60 but I've seen 25's do it - so I'm sure the 35 is no slouch... Personally - I pitch and power to keep my climbs less than 3000 FPM to keep it manageable... Learjets - there can be only one...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Folks,

LOL - thanks Ryan !

Just for discussion - a climb profile spreadsheet I built off a real world flight planner - I'm sure this is not a maximum performance climb and observes real world limitations such as "max continuous thrust" - I just added the time column on the end for this post to estimate "time to climb" - - - by my calculations it looks like 27 minutes to 45K... Aircraft loading - unknown...

2016-12-30%2011_01_01-_zpse6iwwdd8.png

Regards,

Scott

If I'm not the only one with AP issues, I need to revisit the vertical modes.

Since I already have a working PID controller for "speed by pitch" from the DC-9 upgrade, I'm going to try to fit it into the Learjet. It works quite well in the bigger jet, although it will lapse a bit over time in climb.

VS hold will be a bit easier with the altitude targets simply set to infinitiy and/or zero and control wheel steering as a method for adjustment. Same for ALT SEL with CWS added for VS adaption.

Scott:

I'd like to have a PDF of your charts and checklists.

Hi Bjoern,

Sure - let me see what I can put together... I have cruise and descent on my spreadsheet as well... Do you use OpenOffice ? That's the native format of my docs... I'm not sure I have all the files with me at the moment - may need to wait until next week... I'll look...

Put'n the miles on this bird:

Prepar3D%202016-12-26%2020-24-12_zpska8m

Regards,

Scott

I was also a doubter about this plane, but the sale came along, and WHAM!!! I haven't flown anything since. I am absolutely sold on FlySimware now. I also got the MU-2 and I'm just as blown away. I freely admit how wrong I was in ignoring this dev. 

PS: I was very excited about the Air Net livery, and if anyone wanted to know, I had absolutely no issues slapping that paint job on the cargo model simply by changing the .cfg files to cargo and renaming. I looks great, and makes up for a lack of cargo liveries for this bird. :-)

Big thanks for that repaint.

Scott

Hi Scott,

Glad you like it and your sentiments seem to echo that of everyone who has given this plane a real try... She's just a hoot to fly...

I picked up that Majestic Dash 8 for less than $50 over the holidays due to the repeated comments like "best plane EVER for FS" - but - I haven't even touched it - when I do get time to fly I'm always reaching for this bird - everything else is stagnating on my PC...

When I get some time - I'll renumber that AirNet scheme for one of their real cargo haulers... Al didn't create the panel indicator fix for the freighters - so I haven't even tried them as the faulty indicator would annoy me...

Last nights flight:

Latin VFR TJSJ San Juan Puerto Rico

to

Taxi2Gate TFFR Pointe-à-Pitre Guadeloupe

Cap2_zpsuiaavnls.jpg

19e1ac2a35859a4a86453ca72838eb34_zpsxo1h

Prepar3D%202017-01-02%2020-30-18_zpszzqs

Regards,

Scott

Scott,

I would like that Climb/Cruise/Descent .pdf as well, if that's all right... it'll make a very good Worksheet to use while I'm learning how to Pilot these birds!

Alan  :smile:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg