Sign in to follow this  
FloB

Questions to XP11 beta testers

Taking into account that the final product might be different from what the current beta is...

here are a few questions, mainly concerning the rendering options, that came to me when watching different beta videos. I'm sure others are eager to ask questions too (and get answers of course ;)

Here we go:

a) Is the 3D water already implemented?

b-) What are the "windshield effects"?

I've seen a checkbox for them...

c) Is there an option to adjust the 3D objects rendering distance?

I haven't seen one and it surprised me because of the huge impact on FPS this setting has in XP10

d) There seems to be a checkbox for shadows on/off. Does that mean you have either global shadows or no shadows at all?

e) Is it possible to save different configurations (for different aircraft e.g.) for hardware like Yokes, Throttle Quadrant etc.?

f) Did they rework the skycolors or is it the same set like before?

I get that most beta testers are developers and have more pressing matters on hand, but maybe you have asked and answered some of the questions yourself.

Thanks for any "beta insight".

Flo

Is there a quality native Track IR support?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

how about multiple windows views support ?

if i understand correctly is now implemented - or i am wrong ?

tx

Is there a quality native Track IR support?

i saw there is  a setting right in xplane for trackir. 

the developers on facebook said x-plane 11 will be released by the end of the year,many people asked if november was out of the question and the reply is by the end of the year. Lamar said they are working really hard to get it released, so either it's gonna be a surprise this month or closer to Christmas. Lamar also confirmed everything that works in x-plane 10 should work in x-plane 11, some developers such as jar design are charging an upgrade fee for the planes to work in x-plane 11.

Taking into account that the final product might be different from what the current beta is...

here are a few questions, mainly concerning the rendering options, that came to me when watching different beta videos. I'm sure others are eager to ask questions too (and get answers of course ;)

Here we go:

a) Is the 3D water already implemented?

b-) What are the "windshield effects"?

I've seen a checkbox for them...

c) Is there an option to adjust the 3D objects rendering distance?

I haven't seen one and it surprised me because of the huge impact on FPS this setting has in XP10

d) There seems to be a checkbox for shadows on/off. Does that mean you have either global shadows or no shadows at all?

e) Is it possible to save different configurations (for different aircraft e.g.) for hardware like Yokes, Throttle Quadrant etc.?

f) Did they rework the skycolors or is it the same set like before?

I get that most beta testers are developers and have more pressing matters on hand, but maybe you have asked and answered some of the questions yourself.

Thanks for any "beta insight".

Flo

check this out might help you and he will be doing a series of videos 

• Upvote 1

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Have the visuals for terrain been improved at high altitude over XP10?

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

Squirell did a short flight in xp11 beta maybe it helps you, check it out:

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

One question I have is if the star field and moon phases been improved?

Thx for asking! Interested too in the answer... but I guess it'll be for XP12....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

The visuals for terrain have already been improved in X-Plane 10, by the "extended DSF" option. No more blurry terrain in the distance at airliner altitude for quite a while now.

• Upvote 2

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Have any of the beta testers taken the new Sikorsky S-76 out for a spin?

Aside from general accuracy of the flight model, here's what I'm mainly curious about:

This is a class of helicopter where a payware model would be expected to include a Stability Augmentation System, a Force Trim/Release system for the cyclic, and a 3 or 4 axis autopilot (not sure which applies to this one). This is normally done with a plugin on models like the X-Trident Bell 412.

So, is this default S-76 a bare model that doesn't include those controls, or are they present?

If they are present, is it done with a plugin, or does v11 now include things like force trim in the standard joystick button assignments?

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor