Sign in to follow this  
FloB

Questions to XP11 beta testers

Thanks for the link Tony! Hmmm... no word about control setups. I'm going to guess that it's a very basic model without the full control modeling, but we'll see. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

So, is this default S-76 a bare model that doesn't include those controls, or are they present?

Answering my own question here, the S-76 is a very basic model for this class of helicopter. It has an autopilot and GPS, the light switches work, and that's about it. The majority of switches don't do anything, and as far as I can tell there is no SAS or cyclic force trim/release. I don't see how you could do a cold start, but maybe I missed something. 

Not sure about the flight model because I haven't spent enough time with it yet, but I didn't spot any glaring flaws right away (except for a bug where there isn't enough weight on the tires and it tends to spin on the ground with the collective dropped). 

It looks good, and that's about it. I understand why they couldn't offer something like a Bell 206 or R22 that would step on the payware models available now. This was an open niche, and I know we shouldn't expect too much from default aircraft. Still, it feels weird to fly something this complex and not have more of it functional. At least there's an opening now for a payware developer with this aircraft.

And there's a deafening screeching noise when in the cockpit

Could be my setup though

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

That screeching noise (assuming it's the same one I hear in the S-76) is the sound of the turbines. Not the best turbine noise I've ever heard, that's for sure.

I don't know how the new sound stuff in v11 works, but in v10 it's possible to just replace audio files like that with something better from a different model. 

Yes it has track IR support and been using it. It is much smoother than previous versions

Is there a quality native Track IR support?