Sign in to follow this  
styggron

Learjet 35A - What does AIR IGN L/R do ?

Perfect thank you so much David.

Do I need to be careful I don't pull them back to fuel cut off ? I think I should practice moving those.

The reverser handles are those two smaller levers in front of the thrust levers. Don't touch the Thrust Levers themselves, just the small levers at the front!

Some find it convenient to set up a controller button or keyboard key to arm both reversers at the same time using a Lua script.

The way to go! Fiddleing with the mouse over those two "arm" switches is not good!

I use a Saitek throttle quadrant and at the bottom end of the throttle lever's range (below idle) there is a switch which is activated by pulling the lever all the way down (back). I use this switch to activate (deploy) the armed reversers upon landing.

Ideal! My X55 doesn't have a reverser detent, but I get around it by assigning the "slider" on the throttle.

Happy simming!

David

Hi Folks,

Yeah - map that function to something - it's pure suicide to try and mouse click reversers on the roll out...

:wink:

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Folks,

Yeah - map that function to something - it's pure suicide to try and mouse click reversers on the roll out...

:wink:

Regards,

Scott

Understood.

Well, I can use FSX's default F2 I guess then. This seems the best way forward, I wanted to use the virtual cockput but if using those two little levers are a problem I better heed people's advice and keep away from it.

I don't know if they are modeled, but it is procedure in all turbine aircraft to have igniters firing during takeoff/landing or heavy precipitation/icing/turbulence conditions. Although the jet engine doesn't require external ignition while running, in the event of flame blowout, you need some source to restart the combustion chamber. If you are flying at cruise altitude and experience a flameout, you have ample time to hit the switch and restart, but during takeoff and approach, a flameout can put you in a dangerous situation. So you basically use it every time an engine flameout would bring you into serious trouble, I usually turn them off at about 5000 agl and turn them on when I extend flaps to first position or when I turn on anti ice in all turbine powered airplanes, unless explicitly stated otherwise in the flight manual.

Hello,

The manual tends to label things not modelled but with these AIR IGNs, because their own start up procedure does not mention it, it certainly seems like they are not modelled and they just forgot to tell us perhaps which is a little disappointing really.

Would be nice too if the cockpit was rendered a little more realistically, sorry I'm just used to A2A quality :) Don't get me wrong this is an amazing product. The only reason I purchased it was because it did not have online activation which is intrusive DRM IMHO. I love how you can go into the cabin to :)

I also don't like the fact how it installed everything twice, the GNS and the GTN versions. I would like to remove the GTN versions from the list because I don't have and will never have that GPS.  :sad:

Also anyone know how to load passengers ? The load passengers never does anything. I click but nothing hapens. It's like the passenger loading system does not work.  :(

Also anyone know how to load passengers ? The load passengers never does anything. I click but nothing hapens. It's like the passenger loading system does not work. :sad:

I'm not sure what you're looking for with this feature, but it does work. Load Passengers adds Payload Weight distributed throughout the aircraft according to which seats you fill. Once you've set them, you can see that the aircraft weight has increased accordingly. If this is not working, then you failed to install XMLTools, in which case you'll need to RTFM :-) ('cuz I don't recall off the top of my head where they put the XMLTools installer)

I also don't like the fact how it installed everything twice, the GNS and the GTN versions. I would like to remove the GTN versions from the list because I don't have and will never have that GPS. :sad:

Just blow away the ones you don't use (that's what I did anyway)

AIR IGNs, ... it certainly seems like they are not modelled

Agreed - I can find no evidence that they do anything. I can't get engines to re-fire without using the starter. Air start with 'windmilling' fans does work for me (since the turbines don't windmill AFAIK)

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)