Sign in to follow this  
richie894

ORBX Holiday Sale - 35% off!

Everything released prior to Nov 1, 2016 is on sale. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

You should have chosen a different topic title: this isn't a black friday sale, this sale goes on until January 1th! Which is nice because by then I hopefully have given XP11 a try. Don't want to spend too much money on P3D if I end up using XP11 only.  :wink:

You should have chosen a different topic title: this isn't a black friday sale, this sale goes on until January 1th! Which is nice because by then I hopefully have given XP11 a try. Don't want to spend too much money on P3D if I end up using XP11 only.  :wink:

Better?

Hmm. This may be the push I need to buy NA landclass. I fly stuff like the FSLabs airbus in FSX-SE so I'm hoping it doesnt start causing OOM. 

Beware people, the servers are overloaded 0_0

b2e4ee6483624c2d9150f124fe32ef6e.png

That speed isn't bad at all. Similar to a 7mbps connection

Cheers :)

N.-

Have ORBX stopped selling through the flight sim store?  I used to buy all my addons from there.

The flight sim store is selling some of their (old?) dvd's for $2.50.

Yes, my understanding is they no longer sell from the flight sim store. There is a process you have to go through to get everything transferred over to Orbx's new system and I really don't want to do it because I'm pretty happy with how things are now.  I just can't buy anything new from them....

Cheers

Martin

If you have purchased 8 ORBX products from FSS in the past without having transferred your licenses yet, and now you buy a product via FTXC3, do you need to transfer the licenses of the 8 other products to use the new product, or can you keep your FSS licenses of those products and use the new system for the new product at the same time?

In the official FAQ on the ORBX forum, it says following:

Q4 Why do I need to transfer my Orbx licenses from my FSS account?
A4 You don’t have to, it’s completely up to you. However, all customers wanting to purchase new Orbx addons, and download updates for existing Orbx addons previously purchased from FSS will need to transfer their Orbx licenses from their FSS accounts to OrbxDirect.
The transfer process will be simple, under your control and will be detailed shortly. The transfer process is a collaboration between FSS and Orbx and both companies will adhere to all privacy laws to fully place your personal data in your control. Orbx will not transfer licenses unless customers specifically instruct FSS to do so on their website interface.

However, I wonder if the term "new Orbx addons" refers to new in the sense that these addons were released after FTXC3 went into effect (while products published before are not considered new), or whether "new" refers to a new purchase of a product that has been released at any time before or after FTXC3.

I am considering buying both North america land class and Global vector. I'm using fsx-se and tend to fly fslabs/pmdg type aircraft. What type of performance hit will I get by adding vector vs just adding NA land class? I am concerned with VAS issues. If I bought North america landclass first and tried it out and everything is fine will adding vector increase VAS or if NA LC works fine without issues then am I safe adding vector to it? Does vector make a huge difference over LC?  

If you have purchased 8 ORBX products from FSS in the past without having transferred your licenses yet, and now you buy a product via FTXC3, do you need to transfer the licenses of the 8 other products to use the new product, or can you keep your FSS licenses of those products and use the new system for the new product at the same time?

In the official FAQ on the ORBX forum, it says following:ü

However, I wonder if the term "new Orbx addons" refers to new in the sense that these addons were released after FTXC3 went into effect (while products published before are not considered new), or whether "new" refers to a new purchase of a product that has been released at any time before or after FTXC3.

You can keep your FSS licenses (to install addons using the downloads you already have from FSS) while you use Central 3 for new purchases (not new addons, new purchases). You won't be able to update those FSS addons though. Not ever.

Yes, my understanding is they no longer sell from the flight sim store. There is a process you have to go through to get everything transferred over to Orbx's new system and I really don't want to do it because I'm pretty happy with how things are now.  I just can't buy anything new from them....

Cheers

Martin

I was a bit concerned about this causing chaos and messing up my FSX as I have a large number of Orbx products, but I have to say the whole process of transferring to the new system was very straightforward and went very smoothly. So I wouldn't let that put you off, just follow the guidelines, which are pretty clear, then you can happily give in to the temptations of the sale!

Bill