Does anyone have any thoughts on this tv to be used as a monitor for P3D?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889356097&ignorebbr=1

With my statement credit I can get it for $335 total.  Right now I have a 10 year old 24" monitor and am in desperate need of an upgrade.  Is there something better I can get for the price that I might have missed when browsing through the sales this weekend?

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

I've been using my Samsung 4K  27" for a few years now, really love it.   I use FSX though...

I have the Samnsung 55" Class KU6290 4K UHD TV - UN55KU6290FXZA and it is FANTASTIC for flight sim.  I run it with x3 23 inch monitors on a GTX960 graphics card.

Note:  If you run NVIDIA, you'll need at least a 900 Series graphics card to run 4K.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this tv to be used as a monitor for P3D?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889356097&ignorebbr=1

With my statement credit I can get it for $335 total.  Right now I have a 10 year old 24" monitor and am in desperate need of an upgrade.  Is there something better I can get for the price that I might have missed when browsing through the sales this weekend?

Go for it.  You won't be disappointed.  Had Samsung for years with no issues.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Great choice. I just moved over to the Samsung 50-inch equivalent. Still getting it set up (and migrating to P3D) but it's a fantastic experience - big step up in immersion.

Check out Amazon to see if there are any Black Friday deals tomorrow.

I have the Samnsung 55" Class KU6290 4K UHD TV - UN55KU6290FXZA and it is FANTASTIC for flight sim.  I run it with x3 23 inch monitors on a GTX960 graphics card.

Note:  If you run NVIDIA, you'll need at least a 900 Series graphics card to run 4K.

Best wishes.

Yep I have a 1060 so I'm good there.

I'm seeing some good BF days but most are around the same price point that the Samsung I posted is.  The Newegg deal is good for another few days so no harm in waiting and seeing if something pops up in the meantime.

I just got it from Best Buy for 299.  Great 4K tv for the price. It is night and day over 1080.  You wont be disappointed. I thought about going to the 50" for $100 more but think it is just to big for my area. Go get it.  Josh

PS I just ordered a 1060 to replace my 970 also the Samsung is the best of the picks.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

I have the LG 43 Inch 4K HDR Ultra HD Smart TV 43UH6030 (2016 Model) for about 4 months now with the GTX1070 running P3D, all ORBX products, etc.  Never been happier with flight simming.  Go for it...you will not be disappointed.  Solid 60 fps even at addon airports with lots of detail.  You will see things you never noticed before.  A whole new world in 4k.

Yeah right now I'm having some issues with shimmering, flickering, etc hopefully caused by my crappy monitor as well as some blurries that I'm hoping a fresh install on a SSD vs my HDD will fix.  We will see!

Yeah right now I'm having some issues with shimmering, flickering, etc hopefully caused by my crappy monitor as well as some blurries that I'm hoping a fresh install on a SSD vs my HDD will fix.  We will see!

With 4k you wont need any aa settings. I found Nvidia inspector not necessary. I think the that LG that is on sale is the 2015 model and got bad reviews.

Best wishes.

Do you know if that TV runs in 30hz?  I'm looking at the 40" version for $50 cheaper than the 6300 version.

Do you know if that TV runs in 30hz?  I'm looking at the 40" version for $50 cheaper than the 6300 version.

Yes

It does/can.

It also has Premium HDR.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.