Just pulled the trigger on the 6290 40" Samsung for $259 total with my statement credit.  Can't wait to see how the sim looks with this bad boy!

• Upvote 1

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

Just hooked up the 1060 to my Samsung 6290 40" and man what a difference a card makes. I think the 10 series of cards handle 4K better and you get about a 10 to 15 percent boost in performance over the 9 series cards.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Interesting thread. I too am looking to upgrade from a 24" have been trolling the sales online all day. I have been going backwards and forwards between a 27" and 34". Now the Samsung UN40KU6290 sounds interesting (although a lot bigger than I need or really have room for). Is there anything to consider with going with a 4K TV as opposed to a monitor? I typically sit about 2 feet away from the monitor, do I need to sit further back with a TV?

EDIT: Read online that not TV's do not have CRT there is no health concerns with being close. Just eye strain which can be rectified with a good nights sleep.

I found a good site with reviews on each 4K TV and their suitability for PC use. Based upon this I went with the UN40KU6300FXZA.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-usage/pc-monitor/best

That's a good one it has Bluetooth and a few other features. What I did was put two screws into the back wall bracket holes and then used Picture hanging wire and hung it on the wall. It barley weighs anything. If you are at your desk with a yoke you are probably about 2' 11" away which is perfect. You will never go back.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

From what I understand after some reading today, the only differnece between the 6300 and 6297 is the remote and bluetooth I believe.  For a monitor neither are particularly important so I went with the cheaper option.

I can't find the 6290 in Spain.

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

I received my Samsung TV this morning, super-fast from Newegg! I hooked it up (albeit with an HDMI 1 as my HDMI 2 cable is still in the mail) and had a quick go with P3D. It looked really good with no real change in performance. I will give it a proper test once I have the proper HDMI 2 cable and can add the HDR on etc.

I read that some people change the resolution to make it 21:9. Does anyone do this?

Mine was delivered this morning so I can't wait to test it out!  Too bad I just installed my SSD and wiped my HDD clean so I still have a bit more setting up to do before I can really test it out.  We'll see!