Sign in to follow this  
stinger2k2

Documentation help needed please

I would like to have a go at making a module for the Carenado Phenom 300. I have found and read the LINDA "how to use" by Barry747 but to get further into it I need some documentation on tracing/module making. There were no instructional documents with the LINDA program that I have just downloaded.

Could someone point me to the document if there is one please?

thanks

Stinger2k2

yeah i also would like to jump deeper into linda for making flightsim modules

every link to that would be nice or a new made tut , i search the net and it seems that only this site is busy with linda and flightsim , so it scares me for the future

All the help from others is superb but i dont like to be depended on others forever.

so can anyone help us in the good direction ?

thnx in advance

dorialo

Edited by dorialo

I appreciate the desire for documentation on how to program in LUA to develop modules for new aircraft. LINDA is freely available and open to all to examine and adapt. However, Guenseli and I have to split our time between developing new module for the new aircraft released and updated (at least 6 this year alone), enjoying our hobby by flying these aircraft and our families. We have little free time to devote to writing what would be a very detailed and complex manual for others.

My input is mainly keeping the ‘core’ GUI and LUA elements up-to-date and developing a few new LUA modules for my favourite Airbus. Each aircraft producer uses their own unique implementations to avoid people like us interfacing with their product. It takes a lot of time delving into FSUIC offsets, Lvars and other tricks to work out how to do this. I have spent the last few days working through the changes for the new Aerosoft A3xx Pro. This is an aircraft we already know but with many changes that have to be discovered, worked through and tested. I am only able to do this based on over 35 years in IT many on real life aircraft systems. It requires a detailed knowledge of programming and real-time computing  

I prefer to offer help to assist individuals who have a go and learn for themselves. I don’t anticipate sitting down for several months to write down what would be needed for an unknown few. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Oh man , you are absolutely right (i know how much time programming costs sometimes).

Therefore i was hoping for some links on the net with some more usefull info , i could not find it yet , but my search will go on :)

anyway thnx for your answer and keep up your good work

dori

• Like 1