Sign in to follow this  
Mustang-242

'Global Disable' re-enabled on entering cockpit

I use TrackIR in combination with ChasePlane by simply using the same key to enable/disable each application. They stay 'in sync' (only one enabled at a time) as long as I remain in the cockpit (on-board CP view). I sometimes like to use the spot view in combination with TrackIR to quickly look outside and pan the camera around the aircraft.

However, when I switch to another view by some means, then switch back to the cockpit (on-board CP view), the "Global Enable" setting is automatically switched back on. At this point, both TrackIR & ChasePlane are fighting for camera control, so I have to open CP or the in-sim menu and disable it again.

I can't really think of a particularly useful reason for this behaviour being programmed in. Assuming there isn't one ( :BigGrin:), could it be prevented in a future update please?

I know there's a fuller integration for TrackIR available with other software as in the pinned threads, but like some others I'm holding out for the proper integration.

Thanks,

Martyn

Martyn, thanks for reporting the issue.

It will be fixed in Alpha 2 along with built-in TrackIR compatibility

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

As always, thanks for the reply Keven and for adding that one to the list.

Do remember to take an occasional well-earned rest though! :good:

As always, thanks for the reply Keven and for adding that one to the list.

Do remember to take an occasional well-earned rest though! :good:

No worry, 

"Find something you love to do and you’ll never have to work a day in your life."

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42