Sign in to follow this  
Plainplane

Getting back in the game

Hello all... it's been quite a long time since I've been on here and mingled with one of my favorite passions, but now I'm back and just about ready to take to the virtual skies again! After having gone years without my beloved flight simulator machine as I refocused my priorities on home and car ownership, developing personal and professional relationships, and all the while running around the Orlando airports photographing the local airplanes, I've saved up enough and just recently purchased myself a new high-end computer dedicated to flight simulation, and it will be landing at my door within a couple weeks! Since I originally registered on these forums, I have matured greatly and worked hard to overcome many obstacles that I have faced in my life thus far, and I hope for a warm reception as I continue my journey and get back into the virtual cockpit again! Cheers!

• Upvote 1

& welcome back. :hi: 

Enjoy.. :Party: 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Happy Flying!

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Welcome back.  Hope you have a bit of money saved for for addons because it has become somewhat more expensive than a few years ago.  But it is worth it.

I've also just recently done the same as you and having a lot of fun although my wallet has suffered :-)

In my opinion your choice will be between Prepar3d (P3D) and X-Plane 11 (currently in beta).

P3D is my main sim and with lots of ORBX sceneries and Rex textures and Active Sky 16 it's stunning although expensive.

However XP11 out of the box is also very enjoyable.

All the best on your return to this wonderful hobby of ours.

Welcome back sir! I believe you will find there have been many great releases the past few years as far as payware planes go especially. It is also an exciting time with XP11 on the horizon, -!: XP10 really having great growth as a simulator as far as a huge increase in very high quality addons.

Thank you everyone! My new rig came last week, and while I was waiting I had a lot of time to think and contemplate, it was a very tough decision indeed with all of the new developments in the flight sim world. I figured I'd start with what was familiar to me and so I got Prepar3D, and so far I purchased the CLS 747, DC-10, QW 757, and the REX airport texture pack. In the future I will be saving up some more and hopefully get some of PMDG's airplanes, X-Plane 11, and a proper flight control setup, but in the mean time it is quite exciting to be flying in the virtual skies again. I've posted some screenshots in the other subforum as well. Cheers!