Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

Keyboard Input Lags P3D

So... here I was... flying all day... having fun.... suddenly, FTX Vector went on sale.   I bought it.    Took 3 hours to download but I had other things to do to keep me entertained while I waited.

Next...  came time to uninstall Flight1's  GEX and UTX 2.1 USA.    I used their official uninstallers.   No problems.   Rebooted.

Vector installed.   Set my settings.    I am ready to go!    Fire up P3D.....

'YOU DON'T HAVE PERMISSION TO INSTALL ADD-ONS.  CONTACT ADMINISTRATOR AND COMPLETE INSTALL WITH ADMIN RIGHTS'

...............    huh?    So....    I punched my wall.. because I am tired of stupid crap like this.... but... after I calmed down from my insanity rage....    I mucked around with folder permissions and finally noted P3D was no longer launching in Admin mode.    Took control of the ProgramData folder and turned on Admin for P3D.   It finally launched.   Files updated, rebuilt database.  Cool... onward to flying!   NOT SO FAST, says P3D... you chump!  AHAHAHAH.. You dared to actually use a 3rd party Devs UNINSTALLERS to uninstall a product out of P3D!?  HAHAHAHA YOU FOOL!   Have a new problem!

....so.. now... whenever I press a keyboard command...   P3D lags to a complete freeze for a few seconds then resumes normal operations.    EZDOK use to do this to me for no reason.  So I thought, "oh no.. don't tell me ChasePlane is going to pull this stupid stunt!?"    This is one of the reasons I dumped EZDOK the second ChasePlane become available.     So.... I shut ChasePlane off and was happy to report it wasn't ChasePlane but I am unhappy to report that the keyboard press problem is still present.     Any key I push... LAG/FREEZE/RESUME.

It has driven me to drink.  I am literally sitting here with a beer in my hand about to cry.   I have rebooted, turned off add-ons...   LAG every time I push a key.  Simulator is now unusable if I dare to touch the keyboard during a flight.   This includes button presses on the joystick mapped to keyboard commands through FSUIPC.....

What.. the heck as causing this lag/freeze all of sudden!?   -_-    That'll teach me to uninstall a product!

SUPPLEMENTAL:   There was one thing to note.  When the uninstaller for UTX 2.1 USA was doing it's thing I got an error message saying it couldn't locate the SCENERY.CFG file to remove it's entries.  Sure enough, when I went and looked after the uninstaller was done the entries were still in there with little red ! marks next to them.    I removed all of it manually using SceneryConfigurationManager.      This was the first sign that trouble was about to begin....   2 hours now.. and can't figure this out...

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I feel you bro! But that's just desserts for having it installed an Orbix vector product in Lieu of a UTX 2.1 product…sorrrrrryyyy

Commiserations

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I feel you bro! But that's just desserts for having it installed an Orbix vector product in Lieu of a UTX 2.1 product…sorrrrrryyyy

Commiserations

Chas

VAS usage with my Vector settings is almost the exact same as UTX was.    My question is what the hell does installing/uninstalling Vector products have to do with Keyboard inputs!?  -_-  Like seriously...  how can uninstalling a vector package and installing another package cause this much insanity?

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

My question is what the hell does installing/uninstalling Vector products have to do with Keyboard inputs!?    Like seriously...  how can uninstalling a vector package and installing another package cause this much insanity?

It doesn't - the problem most likely is a permissions issue and related to 

YOU DON'T HAVE PERMISSION TO INSTALL ADD-ONS. 

Are you running Windows 10?  Things to check:

1.  Make sure nothing is installed in Program Files (x86) (including add-ons)

2.  Check your user account is really admin

3.  Never mix/match installations -- meaning always do everything as "Run as Admin" or don't use "Run as Admin" at all ... from installers to executable

4.  If Windows 10 it might be installing an update that is blocking access

5.  Turn off any anti-virus programs and/or make sure you have exceptions defined

And yes, permissions issues can cause keyboard input delay, file load delays, etc. etc.

I can assure your issue is not Orbx related.

Cheers, Rob.

It doesn't - the problem most likely is a permissions issue and related to 

Are you running Windows 10?  Things to check:

3.  Never mix/match installations -- meaning always do everything as "Run as Admin" or don't use "Run as Admin" at all ... from installers to executable

5.  Turn off any anti-virus programs and/or make sure you have exceptions defined

And yes, permissions issues can cause keyboard input delay, file load delays, etc. etc.

I can assure your issue is not Orbx related.

Cheers, Rob.

I'll give it all a shot.   I know it's not Orbx.  It's the fact the Flight1 Uninstallers didn't do their job right and uninstall the product correctly.    I don't know what those uninstallers changed/damaged but it has certainly had a negative impact on my simulator running correctly.    I had ZERO issues until I pulled the trigger on uninstalling GEX P3D and UTX 2.1 USA.     Here's hoping I can get it all back under control.   It's running so very very smooth with good settings.   I have a stutter free 30 FPS locked sim finally, even in the 737NGX no matter where I fly in the US.   I'd like to keep it that way and not have to uinstall everything and start over because of one program's uninstaller shenanigans.   Thanks for the help as always Rob.  Happy Thanksgiving.

100454.png

Brian Navy

I have no add-ons installed on the C:\ drive Program Files folders.

A full check shows that my account, the only user account is flagged as Administrator.  I can see the computer's name in the System Info and can press the change button which is proof you have full Admin rights to the system.

I have set all of my add-ons to have Admin Rights on start up.

Doesn't appear to be downloading and I have told Win 10 to defer such downloads until I give it permission to because of the Win 10 Anniversary disaster that occured on my PC.

All add-on's have exceptions for their folders and all files in them.   Temporary disabling of AVG did not help

Still can't push any keyboard commands without them freezing up the simulator....    I am noticing something though Rob and this is how i know something is still broken.    Every time I start the sim up now, even if I make no changes to the Scenery.cfg file or any CFG file for that matter, it rebuilds the database.   This is incorrect behavior for the sim.   It should only have to rebuild the database if a change is detected in the CFG files it reads on boot up....   

It stopped doing the Database rebuild.    I also just noticed something else....  the lag is only happening the 737NGX VC pit and none of the default craft...   SimConnect issue?

Reinstalled all SimConnect version availabe in the Redist folder.  No effect.    Input lag still occuring inside the 737NGX VC Pit....  also the Aerosoft A3xx series is lagging out on keyboard press.      Default F22 is unaffected by lag when moving around the cockpit with ChasePlane or pressing a key in general...

And something else noticed.    When I push a button on my joystick that is assigned to a keyboard command in FSUIPC the lag freeze happens but the command is not processed.    I have a button that is the TOGA switch on the PMDG 737NGX.    TOGA doesn't engage when I press the key, only the lag/freeze occurs.

And now I am officially confused... because I just did another test flight... and it was lagging when I pushed keys... I took off, got up to about 8000 feet and suddenly no more keypress lag/freeze.     I am moving around the cockpit just fine.        If I start the flight over.. the lag returns while on the ground.   Goes away once I climb up a little ways....   what. in the world....?

100454.png

Brian Navy

And now it has completely stopped doing it and resumed normal operations...  no more problems...  lol... whatever...   Gremlins in the system.  I swear this hobby is going to turn me into an alcoholic...

100454.png

Brian Navy

Do you happen to have Fscaptain installed in the aircraft you encountered this issue?

I sometimes have the same issue. For me it is solved by opening the Fscaptain FCDU window and turn power on.

• Upvote 1

Do you happen to have Fscaptain installed in the aircraft you encountered this issue?

I sometimes have the same issue. For me it is solved by opening the Fscaptain FCDU window and turn power on.

Ralf, I think you may be a genius.  Yes, I do use FSCaptain and the problem seemed to go away when I did a full flight and brought up the FCDU and started the flight... wow... that is like a major bug in FS Captain.  I wonder if they are aware of it?

100454.png

Brian Navy

Ralf, I think you may be a genius.  Yes, I do use FSCaptain and the problem seemed to go away when I did a full flight and brought up the FCDU and started the flight... wow... that is like a major bug in FS Captain.  I wonder if they are aware of it?

:wink: A genius would be who finds out why this is happening with Fscaptain...

To me it happens mostly when reloading a flight that was saved with the FCDU active.

I never reported it to their forum because I could easily fix it (found out by chance) by powering up the FCDU (and choosing "offline" if I don't want to use Fscaptain on that flight). 

Ralf

I have rebooted, turned off add-ons...

Ok, got me confused ... if you have all add-ons disabled and were still having the problem, then not sure I understand how it could be FSCaptain?  

Cheers, Rob.

Ok, got me confused ... if you have all add-ons disabled and were still having the problem, then not sure I understand how it could be FSCaptain?  

Cheers, Rob.

Well all the add-ons I thought might be the problem and of course it's the one I didn't even think about.   I like Travis and Dutch over at FS Captain know about it in their forums.   That was totally it though.  FSCaptain for whatever reason hijacked something that introduced keyboard lag/freeze into the sim.    As soon as I fired up the FCDU the bad behavior stopped and it went away completely now.   I have flown another 3 flights today with no issues.   Weird.

100454.png

Brian Navy

Ralf: It is some time since this post but if you ever read this I just wanted to let you know I was searching high and low for an answer to the key lag problem and was sitting here all along.

Thanks for helping out this old sim pilot.