Sign in to follow this  

Death of royal aviation fan: Prins Bernhard of the Netherlands

Way off topic, but important enough to inform those who are interested.Tonight 1st December 2004, the royal prins of the Netherlands, Prins Bernhard has died. He died of several complications under which long cancer. The prins was 93 years old, but a huge aviation fan. He played an important role during the second World War, and became infamous from the Lockhead affaires. Next to this he flew several flights himself and was very much in love with the African regions. But overall he was a good father of our queen Beatrix and for the Netherlands itself. For those who are interested, there are several condolance sites, e.g. www.condoleance.nl.Regards, Ferry Spaanwww.fsmagazine.nl

He learned to fly in England (or Canada) during WW2, piloted his own liaison aircraft when visiting Dutch RAF units.I'd hoped he would be able to attend the veterans' parade celebrating the 60th aniversary of VJ day next year May, it was supposed to be the last one because of the age of the veterans...

Believe it or not he was my wife's God Father.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

He had also something todo with Lockheed, and that brings us back to flightsimming...Johan[A HREF=http://jdserver.no-ip.com]Personal Server[/A]or..http://62.238.33.10

I don't think that was ever proven...And yes, I have serious doubts as to that supposed interview that the Groene Amsterdammer revealed in which Bernhard supposedly admitted to receiving a million US$ in bribes.Seeing the text it looks very little like the style in which Bernhard spoke, I think it's a complete fabrication (especially since the GA was (and is) not exactly a friend of our royalty)...