Sign in to follow this  
maksim952

Sudden Loss of Control on Short Final

Hi all,

I have a very strange problem, sometimes when I try to land, at about the 30 feet above the ground I lose control on the aircraft. It suddenly rolls (Usually to the left, 5 to 30 degrees) and and pitches down (about 5 degrees down). It happens immediately, there's no smooth transition. on one frame I am flying normally, on the next one I'm already nose down and banking left. It happens for around 5 seconds at which I can move the stick but the aircraft doesn't respond. I'm not sure if i'm doing something bad or it's a bug.  It happens on any weather conditions.

My system:

Motherboard: EVGA Z170 Classified

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5GHz

RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800MHz (4*4GB)

GPU: SLI 2*GTX980Tis (SLI is disabled for Prepar3D because of the effects flickering with SLI on bug with the last driver)

Storage: 2*Samsung 850 Pro (512GB each, RAID 0)

I use The Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick and throttles and Logitech G27 wheel for the pedals. I also have Logitech Attack 3D pro attached, which I don't use in Prepar3D and no control is assigned to it. 

My simulator is Prepar3D v3.4.14

I have many addons but the ones that were involved during the tests:

FTX GLOBAL Base, Vector, OpenLC Europe and North America, and Trees HD

PMDG 737NGX base 

Active Sky 2016 + Cloud art 

REX 4 Texture Direct with Soft Clouds

REX Worldwide Airports HD 

FSFX 737 immersion

It happened on the default airports and also in Ben Gurion x v2 and Mega Airport Zurich v2. 

FSUIPC, the controls are set from it. 

I have a video showing my issue but I have no idea where to post it.. 

Thank you very much!

Maksim

An easy guess is that the loss of control is coming from Active Sky 16. They simulate wake turbulence from AI landing or taking off in the vicinity. So if your landing after an AI had just taken off it could be that.

Check the wake turbulence settings in AS16 and try turning the wake turbulence down or off completely and see if that fixes it.

Personally I have it set very low as I was getting that same thing when landing sometimes.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator