Sign in to follow this  
Pete Dowson

Has anyone got RFSCENERY FLORENCE working correctly?

Hi folks,

I've recently upgraded my PC and am busy reinstalling stuff, checking each time of course.

Florence is proving difficult. My FlorenceX from Aerosoft won't install correctly and when trying tore-download I find it is now withdrawn by Aerosoft. I think it was originally an FSDreamTeam scenery, since Addon Manager lists it, but i can't activate it there either.

So, I gave up and looked for a alternative. The only one I found was

RFSCENERYBUILDING - LIRQ FLORENCE

which seems later and more detailed. So I've installed that.

But there's an altitude problem. Runways, taxiways and buildings are 10 feet higher (and probably correct) that some of the ground underneath. the buildings are floating 10 feet of the lower ground beneath them, and there are gullies between defined taxiways.

Surrounding trees and so on are fine, planted in the lower level ground.

I tried using ADE to lower the airport altitude in the AFD BGL but that didn't help at all.

I've eliminated all other BGLs which mention LIRQ in the name, and also shown in Airport Scanner that there are no other AFD conflicts.

Has any one any ideas? 

Unfortunately there's not much of a Support turnout for RFScenery -- the only forum type interaction I found is all in Cyrillic.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Do you have FTX Global Vector installed?

Yes, but disabled.

Pete

"Has anyone got RFSCENERY FLORENCE working correctly?"

I guess I do.....

How can I check any anomalies?

I have FTX Global installed, use FreeMeshX and mesh resolution is 2 meter.

LIRQ.jpg

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I guess I do.....

How can I check any anomalies?

I have FTX Global installed, use FreeMeshX and mesh resolution is 2 meter.

Well ,the anomalies I see are obvious, so if you've not seen any you don't have any.

The problem I have is that it occurs even in a default FSX-SE installation -- no added mesh, nothing else to interfere with it ...

.. except possibly the default FSX Florence, which has a different (lower) altitude. Maybe your mesh fixes that?

However, I find it hard to believe that a company would release a scenery product which needed for you to install some other third party mesh to get the altitudes correct.

Puzzled!

Pete

Pete,

I remember I had a similar problem and I solved it with an additional file they released days after the official release based on my feedback. Are you sure you have all these files in your "LIRQ Florence Peretola FSX\data\scenery" folder (especially the five highlighted)?

KVNJPGP.jpg

I remember I had a similar problem and I solved it with an additional file they released days after the official release based on my feedback. Are you sure you have all these files in your "LIRQ Florence Peretola FSX\data\scenery" folder (especially the five highlighted)?

Ah, thanks. 

I have all those, with the same date and time, EXCEPT "LIRQ_ADEX_ADE_OBJ_2.bgl".

Where did you get that file from? I only purchased and downloaded the scenery from SimMarket earlier this week, but it isn't included in the install.

Pete

Ah, thanks. I don't know. I'll check tomorrow. That system is off at present.

Where did you get the later files from? I only purchased and downloaded the scenery from SimMarket earlier this week. All your highlighted files appear to date back to March.

Pete

I bought the scenery on SimMarket. But I contacted RFScenery Building one or two days after my purchase on FB to show evidence of my issue. And they sent me a link to a couple of new BGL files on cloud that solved the issue. You can contact them on FB as well (if you happen to have an account) or contact me in private to have these files.

Regards

EDIT

For the records, not only I have FTX Vector activated, but also Italy Photoscenery (freeware). RFScenery Building's LIRQ blends nicely with both, with no elevation issues whatsoever, provided you have all BGL files.

EDIT

For the records, not only I have FTX Vector activated, but also Italy Photoscenery (freeware). RFScenery Building's LIRQ blends nicely with both, with no elevation issues whatsoever, provided you have all BGL files.

I don't have photoscenery -- I don't use it, flying only 737 it isn't really so useful. Just good airports and weather! ;-)

PM sent. Thanks,

Pete

Hey, I have same problem. I don't use FB anymore (never liked it) and can't speak Russian (well, maybe 10 words). what i did notice is that i don't have all those bgl files (some are really missing) with this scenery i bought yesterday from The FlightSim Store.

Is it possible to get these files somehow and make elevation correct?

- Eero

Hey, I have same problem. I don't use FB anymore (never liked it) and can't speak Russian (well, maybe 10 words). what i did notice is that i don't have all those bgl files (some are really missing) with this scenery i bought yesterday from The FlightSim Store.

Is it possible to get these files somehow and make elevation correct?

- Eero

Edit: Got it work better. Not 100% OK but not looking SO very stupid anymore.

Hi Pete,

I just saw this. 

RF Scenery building seems to make the same mistakes over and over. They'll take your money and expect you to chase them on FB for correct files for the scenery you bought. Ridiculous.

I have fixed the scenery (including the crazy RW assignments). If you want my AFCAD files, just ask. 

Thank you so much for FSUIPC.

Jon 

http://www.ruscool.co.nzBanner_MJC5.png05_10_2012_14_25_54_C-GLXV_New_Paint_Apr

P3D 4.5:), X-Plane 11.55:(, MSFS 2020:), MJC Q400, Saab 340A, CRJ550, B1900, X-Crafts ERJ/EMB; Win 10x64, 32GB Ram, Samsung drives, RTX 3070 GPU, 5.3 Ghz Intel 1200. Turboprops and RJ's only.