Sign in to follow this  
sfgiants13

Imaginesim ATL, LGA, AUS, PVG 20% Off

From the imaginesim website.  

http://www.imaginesim.com/airports.htm

It's also available at the Flightsim Store.  With everything priced in AUD there, it actually works out to be about $4 cheaper in USD at the current exchange than if you were to buy from Imaginesim directly.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

How's their KATL.  Seeing mixed information.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I'm wondering that as well.  The scenery looks nice but people say the performance is horrible (although most threads say that are prior to their latest version so I'm not too sure how V3 performs).  Since I primarily fly Delta flights having an ATL scenery would be nice.  But I don't want a slideshow if I'm flying something like the PMDG 777 in there.

But I don't want a slideshow if I'm flying something like the PMDG 777 in there.

I'm with you.  It's amazing how immersive a smooth landing is and how disruptive a slideshow is.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

"How's their KATL.  Seeing mixed information" - Good (not great) quality, hard on the frames but with my I7 OC'd to 4.5 I get frames in the high teens/low 20's with PMDG stuff.

Hans Soule

"How's their KATL. Seeing mixed information" - Good (not great) quality, hard on the frames but with my I7 OC'd to 4.5 I get frames in the high teens/low 20's with PMDG stuff.

What video card?

Gregg Seipp

Several reviews for KATL give the same performance for relatively high-end systems...around 20 FPS, give or take. 

Gregg Seipp

20 FPS isn't that bad I suppose.  It's usually fairly smooth in P3d.  I can dip below that at FSDT LAX and other airports.  Although I am moving from the ASUS auto overclock to a manual one on my i5 6600k so I should get a little better performance (auto OC is around 4.1 and I should be able to get 4.5 doing it manually).  I think I'll try out the Demo today and see how it goes on my system.  If I can get 20 FPS I think I'll buy it.  I would fly out of ATL way too much to have the default scenery.

There is a fully working demo available .  The only difference is that there are big boxes floating over the runway.  Keep in mind that the scenery also comes with a number of options for adjusting the scenery complexity as well, such as deactivating grass, and parts of the night lighting.  On the website, there are also a couple of alternative sets of textures, that among other things either decrease or increase the number of gates available.  Keep in mind that the gates use SODE animated jetways; for some this may be okay, but for others it may not be acceptable, so be sure to research this if you are not yet familiar.  Not as simple as Flightbeam and others where you just hit Ctrl+J.

Andrew Jones

Anyone know when the sale ends? I can't seem to find this. Also, do you get both fsx and p3d for the price of one? I am a bit confused by the presentation.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Anyone know when the sale ends? I can't seem to find this. Also, do you get both fsx and p3d for the price of one? I am a bit confused by the presentation.

Cheers, Pete

It's here...

http://www.flightsimstore.com/index.php?currency=USD&manufacturers_id=286&sort=3a

It ends tonight.

Gregg Seipp

Thanks Gregg.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Hi,

just gave KATL a try as i find it very nice add on. Unfortunately the hit on the frames is too much for me. I have a healthy P3Dv3.4 running on an i7 5820k 4.5GHz 16GB RAM and an GTX 1080 ASUS Strix Advanced. My frames are in the mid teens to low 20 with standard aircraft. It is a no go for me unfortunately. Airports like KAUS, KCTL or KSJC are different, they run with fairly high settings+UT2 40% and the NGX at reasonable 30FPS.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

How's their KATL.  Seeing mixed information.

Gregg,

If you'd like, you can see my review on Imaginesim KATL on the recording the OVPA Annual Flight Sim Web Conference (September 24th).

Short answer:  With the release of KATL, it's my opinion that Imaginesim moved up to the category of quality large airport developers.  I was not a fan of Imaginesim scenery prior to the launch of KATL V2, but I am now.

They also did a great job with KLGA, which I also covered in the short review during the web conference.

I recommend both of these airports.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.