Sign in to follow this  
twister1853

ILS on 737

Hi

Please could someone guide me with setting of the radios on the pedestal of the Boeing 737 for an ILS approach with autoland using the autopilot?  Thanks

Ray

Are you using a payware 737 or a default/freeware version?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

OK, just for clarification, are you having trouble setting in the correct ILS freq on the NAV1 radio or is it a problem

of setting up the FMC for your ILS approach and Autoland?  I would bet that there are YouTube tutorials done

by other pilots that you can access.

I will let anyone else with experience with this product carry on from here.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I need help with both setting in the correct ILS freq on the NAV1 radio and setting up the FMC for an ILS approach and Autoland.

Disregarding the specific product for a second just to go back to basics (sorry if you can already do this and I'm being too basic!). Can you change frequencies on the nav1 radio? If so then the charts for the airport you're flying into will have the ILS freq's shown - don't forget to set the course for the actual runway and make sure that the nav1 radio is active.

Good luck.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Thanks for the reply.  I have no problem understanding how to use ILS on smaller aircraft, such as entering airport runway frequencies on the radio, approaching the localizer and flying into the glide slope.  I am able to programme most of the the FMC using the CDU, but it's the bit about entering frequencies for autoland and precisely how to set the radio for ILS on the version of the 737 I have.

No problem twister. Just a guess, do you need to input the frequencies on both Nav1 and Nav2 and have both of them active for autoland to work?

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Oh dear: had hoped to post a screen shot showing the pedestal with the radio on the 737 I have, but when I click "More Reply Options" I do not get the attach files option at the bottom of the text box.  Any clues why this is so?

Oh dear: had hoped to post a screen shot showing the pedestal with the radio on the 737 I have, but when I click "More Reply Options" I do not get the attach files option at the bottom of the text box.  Any clues why this is so?

Have you ever posted a screenshot here?  It's done using an offsite hosting site.  I use OZX free!

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/

A lot of folks also use PhotoBucket.

Charlie Aron