Grab your X-Plane 11 beta, guys!

A large amount of interest suddenly, let's hope CDN servers can keep up

Fine so far

knock on wood ;)

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

80gb FOR THE FULL DOWNLOAD

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Guys If you have the disc from version 10 in your drive it won't allow the demo to install.  Just ejected the disc, downloading the demo now.

Hi, guys!

Same for me too. The X-plane 11 demo won't install unless I key in the product key which I don't have. Any solution to this? Thanks!

Cheers

Vincent

80gb FOR THE FULL DOWNLOAD

Just download what you need, in fact, don't download any scenery at all if you have HD Mesh and copy it across. It works

just posted this in the xplane forums as well: anyone know what might be going on? xp10 was running at 80-120fps in default 1080 with mostly high settings. 

I just installed the xp11 beta, using default 172 and ksea to launch sim, getting 12-18fps. I have a 6600k @ 4.6ghz w a 980ti oc to 1500/4000 ghz. I restarted the computer , I thought maybe it just needed to refresh some installed items but nothing. I dialed all rendering settings to the left and no change. please advise. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

It's a beta version.the only advantage right now is less of a download when the version 1 is RTM.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I can confirm

• XPD-6827 Shadows or artifact on trees

This is quite a striking bug.

Also, the default Cessna whilst a vast improvement, on both occasions went nuts and spiraled into the ground (Guess it's a controller issuse). Bugs have been reported.

Well, the Demo version is a beta for sure, plenty bugs reported......the lighting is a vast improvement as well as the new UI, thumbs up for those two...however, it runs very poorly, complete slideshow on my PC, no matter the settings and version 11 hasn't lost X Plane's title as the ugliest sim on the market, so much green around, way too much and bland colors at that, maybe REX or some dev can help there ?, just my 2 cent, but to me and YMMV but other than the new lighting and new UI a no go for me, and that's only me, I'm sure some will like it, and that's perfect.

Once installed can I safely uninstall XP10?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Well, the Demo version is a beta for sure, plenty bugs reported......the lighting is a vast improvement as well as the new UI, thumbs up for those two...however, it runs very poorly, complete slideshow on my PC, no matter the settings and version 11 hasn't lost X Plane's title as the ugliest sim on the market, so much green around, way too much and bland colors at that, maybe REX or some dev can help there ?, just my 2 cent, but to me and YMMV but other than the new lighting and new UI a no go for me, and that's only me, I'm sure some will like it, and that's perfect.

agreed , very disappointed. of what i saw at a blistering 12 fps , didnt impress me that much and got a bunch of attitude on the official site for reporting terrible fps.  I know its vanilla, but still. this is exactly how i felt a few yrs ago when i got xp10  and ditched it after a week. going back to p3d now which runs 4k @ 30 fps smooth as butter everywhere but in the biggest sceneries.  

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

got a bunch of attitude on the official site for reporting terrible fps.

Which official site? Did you file a bug or went you to x-plane.org? x-plane.org is NOT the official site.

Once installed can I safely uninstall XP10?

In a technical sense, XP 10 and XP 11 are independet from each other, both self-contained and you can do with them whatever you like.

But if you're asking if you should now stick with XP 11 exclusively: No. It's a beta, it has bugs and rough edges, and not everything is yet compatible.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

agreed , very disappointed. of what i saw at a blistering 12 fps , didnt impress me that much and got a bunch of attitude on the official site for reporting terrible fps.  I know its vanilla, but still. this is exactly how i felt a few yrs ago when i got xp10  and ditched it after a week. going back to p3d now which runs 4k @ 30 fps smooth as butter everywhere but in the biggest sceneries.

Couldn't get it to run smooth on my setup either. Very low fps and unusable.

Loved the night lighting though.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987!