Sign in to follow this  
Macpah

Grab your X-Plane 11 beta, guys!

Potential is there along with all the tools you possiby need to have fun with

And thanks to LR for understand and deliver to their best of their abilities a real sim and not a steam toy

• Upvote 1

Give it chance, come back when it stabilises.

I shall, but I really hoped this release would be a step up from XP10 in terms of it having a more finished feel. At this point it feels and looks very rough, which is very disapointing.

I'm not going to give up yet though, and am running the demo yet again. Is it me or are the graphics settings less comprehensive? strugging to find any sort of balance here.

No performance issues here either, seems similar to XP10 so far even with the reflections on medium. However, the default clouds drag performance down severely (just like they did in XP10).

Had several crashes while configuring my controls (TM Warthog) but it does work fine once it's set up. The new user interface is a huge improvement to say the least.

I'm very happy with the default C172, they did a stellar job! The visuals, sounds and apparently the flight model as well are top notch. I also tried the 747, only to find that the horrendous tire screeching sound is still present. :fool: 

Not surprised at the responses so far... If you were there at the beginning of XP10, well... we have a bit of a ways to go until it becomes a daily flyer.

For now I am glad they released it even in this beta condition. Its gives all Devs ability to update along and we can enjoy XP10 until XP11 reaches stability and optimization.

• Upvote 2

I can't test it myself yet but looking at first impressions gives me hope. I really like the ability to choose ramps and parking from an airport map. A simple but significant improvement. Also the UI in general looks alot better and more intuitive.

I can't test it myself yet but looking at first impressions gives me hope. I really like the ability to choose ramps and parking from an airport map. A simple but significant improvement. Also the UI in general looks alot better and more intuitive.

dont get too excited im getting 12fps with a slighter faster system then your specs. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

Remember it's a beta, they've already mentioned that FPS issues will happen.

Please don't judge v11 from an early beta, it will improve vastly (I have confidence on Ben and co delivering, as they did in XP10)

• Upvote 1

If you have dense clouds in your area fps will die...  that's what real wx did to mine... otherwise fps are high enough.

I don't see a cloud slider yet like XP10...  I'm just seeing super dense cloud structures... and super low fps.  Clear skies is fine.

It's beta don't freak out.

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ehhh its really really EARLY beta. I mean, seeing you people jump off the boat now is horrifying! I mean its not even a finished product! You should be all HAPPY that LM have released it for us who want to contribute to making the sim better!

Show patience!

• Upvote 8

That's the result of the haze, which is even there when you have 100 sm visibility. It's a bit too much for my taste, but other people say it's realistic. It's a matter of taste and personal real-world experience, I guess...

Atmospheric haze is hugely variable by location and time of year. I used to do a lot of commercial aerial photography years ago. I've seen everything from thick haze in urban areas, to crystal clear air in places like the drier parts of Mexico, and over the Caribbean.

Has anyone tried real weather injection to see if it tracks the METAR data for visibility, or is this a fixed setting?

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

OMG!!!! This is amazing! Clouds do kill my fps, but without clouds all is smooth. I do have some shimmering gauges on the 172 and the are some graphic issues when flying at certain times in the evening.

The devs have done a fantastic job. I wonder if I could use "Murmur's" cloud fix? They make a huge fps difference in XP10.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Well, I tested it and didn't liked it, the same story as any XP10 demo so far. Why in the world making a PUBLIC BETA a demo?! It is a infinite loop, not serving anyone. How can I test it properly when I will be greeted with that annoying window after 10 minutes, killing my controls, and on top of all I can't close the window?! How can I purchase it when I can't test it properly?!

So at the moment, only XP fans can test it properly, and again LR will lose a lot of potential customers. Sad but true.

I will not uninstall XP11 demo yet, but I will not certainly purchase it just to test it, as I'm not even close to think this is a next gen sim. 

Frustration is high on my side really, I really want to like XP after numerous tries, but honestly LR is not letting me with their policy. Their loss.

• Upvote 2

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

draw shadows on terrain and reflections are the fps killers...with those off performance is excellent for me

Ryan

Well, I tested it and didn't liked it, the same story as any XP10 demo so far. Why in the world making a PUBLIC BETA a demo?! It is a infinite loop, not serving anyone. How can I test it properly when I will be greeted with that annoying window after 10 minutes, killing my controls, and on top of all I can't close the window?! How can I purchase it when I can't test it properly?!

So at the moment, only XP fans can test it properly, and again LR will lose a lot of potential customers. Sad but true.

I will not uninstall XP11 demo yet, but I will not certainly purchase it just to test it, as I'm not even close to think this is a next gen sim. 

Frustration is high on my side really, I really want to like XP after numerous tries, but honestly LR is not letting me with their policy. Their loss.

Calm down mate.