Sign in to follow this  
Macpah

Grab your X-Plane 11 beta, guys!

I am totally utterly 100% new to XP so no, I haven't cross added anything because I don't have anything.

Hahaha, too long ago for me to remember. Although it does ring a bell somewhere. But thanks (AGAIN! :wink: )! I will have a look and download some goodies!

Oh well..then welcome aboard!  You're gonna love it....lots for you to learn, and lots to gain as well.   If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to ask!

Later, i'm going to start cross-copying my planes (If I can...) and my plug-ins...see what's what....

Quite a resource hog it seems, apparently an i7-6700K and a GTX 1080 can't quite handle the max settings. Hoping this is something that will improve before release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLwucNTDrmg

Yes they can...22-30 FPS on a 6 year old CPU, and a GTX 1070 EVGA FTW.  I purchased the sim today as a result of seeing all the max settings having no problem giving me the aforementioned FPS.  Smooth right down to 20 FPS!

I'm having a problem where I can't load anything because the "sound banks" were damaged. I ran the installer and that didn't fix it. Any ideas?

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Just to counter my all negative remarks, and having a few more goes, a few things that impress in the demo is the default airport KSEA, which is pretty amazing, with lots going on. The AC reflections look very nice too, although they do update in a slow jerky manner in motion, not that I'm going to spend time watching them. Strangely I get smoother performance with effects HDR+SSAO slider on full, with far fewer hitches. Its not new, but the street lighting is very nice. The C172 is a delight and makes a far better impression than the old version, which was awful. I think if I were to run XP11 then it would have to be a fair weather sim, as it looks nice without the clouds on.

I'm not much good a captues with XP but these seemed quite nice.

qSe1pXZ.jpg

s8uTztI.jpg

aekBdxO.jpg

• Upvote 4

Just to counter my all negative remarks, and having a few more goes, a few things that impress in the demo is the default airport KSEA, which is pretty amazing, with lots going on. The AC reflections look very nice too, although they do update in a slow jerky manner in motion, not that I'm going to spend time watching them. Strangely I get smoother performance with effects HDR+SSAO slider on full, with far fewer hitches. Its not new, but the street lighting is very nice. The C172 is a delight and makes a far better impression than the old version, which was awful. I think if I were to run XP11 then it would have to be a fair weather sim, as it looks nice without the clouds on.

I'm not much good a captues with XP but these seemed quite nice.

qSe1pXZ.jpg

s8uTztI.jpg

aekBdxO.jpg

Very nice grabs...btw...it has always been my 'secret' to great FPS performance...that if you open up a sim..it DOES perform better that choking the slides.  That has always been my experience.  Like you...I get 4 more FPS, when I maxed the HDR slide, not less...more FPS.  I found that same thing in FSX and P3D.  I have my personal theory...but won't bore people with it...:)

I hope they offer a way to tone down the haze...besides datarefs....

I hope they offer a way to tone down the haze...besides datarefs....

Please go and report it as a bug, the more people do it, the more likely they are to listen. I've done the same thing :-)

• Upvote 3

I found that same thing in FSX and P3D. I have my personal theory...but won't bore people with it...:)

He-he, well I can't say I find the same in P3D where I do have to balance settings, and XP11 desperately needs more options for better personal customization, but that particular slider on max does seem to have a positive impact.

Please go and report it as a bug, the more people do it, the more likely they are to listen. I've done the same thing :-)

I will, Tony...about 6 minutes left to my world download!   I'm drooling...

Another bug I found...that if you taxi with the amphib...the blue taxiway center light guides show right through the 'solid' surfaces of the pontoons.  Take out the Amphib under A.I. control at night...and watch with spot view.   You will see the blue taxiway lights not hide out of view, from behind the pontoons.  This stuff will get addressed. I remember how buggy XP10 was...and look at the old girl now... :)

He-he, well I can't say I find the same in P3D where I do have to balance settings, and XP11 desperately needs more options for better personal customization, but that particular slider on max does seem to have a positive impact.

Nov...I think that being a early beta...we haven't seen the true full release menus...and I absolutely agree with you...you would hope that we had the same level of control and feature injection...that the XP10 U.I. has.  I think we will....

For the time being though, I am going to see if you can cross over Ventura Sky....stuff like that this afternoon...also some of my XP10 custom airports from Xplane.org.  I'll do one at a time...especially KFNT...my F.B.O.

I just got the finished chime...it took 60 minutes at 60Mb's a second.lots of data......Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooray!   Here I come, Michigan...and Australia!  :))))))

Already a world update...ground textures, looks like water by the name of the files being downloaded in the scenery update....

Just finished my world install...and the installer then wanted to check for updates. I did that...and there is one, already...downloading now.  Not sure if you will see this, if only running in demo mode.  First update, already!  You go, Laminar!  Oh wow...water and everything...quite a large update.

WOW!    The city of Flint, Michigan looks killer!   World Objects set to Maximum.  I-75 looks great...and at night..on final to  KFNT....well...real world.

No airport buildings yet...but they will come. Scenery is looking at a level of custom...and yet is default.  Most impressed.

Going now to move over a custom XP10 KFNT...and see if it takes...

Having a blast....

WOW!    The city of Flint, Michigan looks killer!   World Objects set to Maximum.  I-75 looks great...and at night..on final to  KFNT....well...real world.

No airport buildings yet...but they will come. Scenery is looking at a level of custom...and yet is default.  Most impressed.

Going now to move over a custom XP10 KFNT...and see if it takes...

Having a blast....

Grab a screenshot!

Daniel Miller

Plugins apparently working are XPUIPC 2.0.0.47, FlyWithLUA 2.44, NOAA weather 2.42 (with Python 2.7.12), and Simcoders' Headshake 1.5.

That's good news. I just saw a confirmation over in the FSEconomy forum that the plugin for that game works in v11 without needing a new one. It's nice to see a smooth transition for these plugins.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Great news!!!!!

Your custom XP10 airport scenery works!   I just fired up KFNT (after having crossed it over from my XP10 installation...) and it looks gorgeous...terminals....A.I. aircraft....WOW....

I only did a few...and they all work....

I tried an aircraft, and it told me that I had to turn on the co-pilot GPS within Xplane Maker.  Will do that....

Quite a resource hog it seems, apparently an i7-6700K and a GTX 1080 can't quite handle the max settings. Hoping this is something that will improve before release.

It should improve from where it is now, but no guarantee it will handle maximum settings. Every new version of X-Plane that I can remember, has been designed with features that can't quite be maxed out on typical user computers. You're supposed to back off from maximum to find your personal frame rate threshold. 

That design philosophy makes the sim relevant and competitive with anything else that might be out there during the life of the version. Otherwise you'd end up a few years from now with a new computer/GPU, and excess capacity that the sim couldn't take advantage of. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Again good news...I crossed over from XP10, the Phenom 300 business jet..and it loads in beautifully...at my custom KFNT.  

I wanted to use the Eclipse v2.0, but was told by XP 11 that it CAN load and use the aircraft, but within the panel, is an 'old school' FMS and GPS, that can not be used. It told me to use Plane Maker to swap out the old, and replace it with the new XP 11 units.  I loaded in the acf file from the Eclipse, but stared at the screen. It is not intuitive if you have never done Plane Maker 'work'  So... I'm SOL...until someone who knows how to do this...does and shows you how, or uploads the modded Eclipse v2.0 to Xplane. org.  

XP11 CAN run it...but only after you replace prior FMS and GNS units, with Plane Maker for XP11.

Same with the Alabeo R66, but I have no idea how to actually replace the GNS unit.

Forgot to add...at my XP10 custom KFNT cross over, into XP11...with all scenery elements intact and looking great...and with the Phenom 300 business jet...and finally with XP11 maxed out...am getting 30 FPS constant at the G.A. parking, facing the busy main terminal....all A.I. going...cars...all of it.

I have weather as Scattered.  Folks...this runs...and runs great.  I still am scratching my head with some reporting only 12-15 FPS...and having them to severly cull features of the sim.  There has got to be something wonky with their systems....I have a 6 year old system...and am popping 22-30 FPS pretty much under any and all conditions...weather etc...day or night.

XP11 even as early beta...ROCKS!

• Upvote 1