Sign in to follow this  
Macpah

Grab your X-Plane 11 beta, guys!

After whining on here a few times recently  that I wasn't going to spend the money, I shook loose the sixty bucks from the "controller of the currency" and upgraded to XP11. For context for understanding my comments below, I have a one month old i7-6700k GTX 1080 system with a 4K LG monitor, TrackIR, Win 10 and a Saitek X-65F.  

After the lengthy install, XP11 decided to start in 1440p even though my OS monitor resolution is set for 4K. It took me a few seconds to figure out how to change the resolution, as the mouse click points were not exactly on the buttons because of the resolution mismatch. But after that initial hiccup, everything went smoothly. The UI is definitely better than XP10, but I was never a big critic of the XP10 UI. Calibration of the X-65F was easy and there were no problems with TrackIR either. Then I ran through a few flights with various default aircraft around my local airport KALB. The default aircraft are pretty much equivalent to those in XP10, FSX and P3d. After running XP10 with W2XP scenery, FSGRW for weather and SkyMaxx, everything in XP11 seemed cartoony, but then again who runs their flight sims with default aircraft and scenery? The XP11 default buildings, roads and night flying are way better than the default P3d versions. But the land class textures are nowhere near what one gets with ORBX products. I also had the same problems that others have mentioned about the default clouds (storm clouds look more like black smoke). But all in all, I was impressed with the beta.

Then I started cranking up the settings. Other than simultaneously maxing out reflections, AA and HDR, my rig handled all the rest of the settings with the sliders full to the right. Pushing the reflection, AA and HDR sliders all just a notch or two to the left gave excellent frame rates without any stutters. I'm off to install 3rd party stuff ATM, but it's clear to me that things are looking up for XP. Now if only more 3rd party developers would come around.

I have tried that too and unfortunately still does not work. I skipped the roll axis and press "done".

I resume flight and still no control. All axis are moving when in the main "Joystick" menu. The roll is

showing limited travel but in the game none of the axis work. CH Pedals work correctly.

I did send a bug report. Hopefully they can look at it.

I had the same problem with my PFC Cirrus rudder pedals. Calibration was not reading the yaw, but was reading the toe brakes. So I skipped the yaw and nothing worked. I then realised that I had not bound the axis using the joystick settings - that fixed it. You may not have made the same error but if so hope this fixes it for you.

For anyone with a PFC C2 Pro Flight Console - the USB HID plugin and XPUIPC work fine - recognises everything.

Cheers

Peter

I think at some point Tom Knudsen (who made the library installer) intended to put all of TDG's and my own airports into a single package along with Norway Pro. Basically giving us a very good scenery package for Norway.

That sounds like a VERY good plan! :wink:

All working well for me. TrackIR and Matrox T2Go settings working fine. Running 3x23 1080p screens.

Ortho4XP files working fine. Running on pretty high settings but no HDR - that kills the framerate with objects set to High. But getting around 25/26 fps with 25m visibility using default 172 (which sounds great).

Strange but not finding shadows causing much dip in performance - nothing like it did before - maybe 2/3 fps.

It is silky smooth for me at the 23 - 26 fps range - no stutters at all. This is running it off my standard hard drive. Will move it ot my SSD and see if I get better fps.

Load times are faster than 10 for me.

I see from Ben's developer blog that extended DSF is always on now with no way to control it. So that may be affecting some systems.

Getting the black cloud issue from dusk onwards - in fact clouds are a bit of a framerate killer for me so leaving off for now. Have not tried SkyMaxx as there are clearly issues there. Will try RTH and see if the cloud whitening option works.

I find the visibility too hazy when in CAVOK - from my RL flying it is not always this hazy in the UK when it is clear - it can be absolutley crystal clear - but this is not possible to achieve. So think it will need a tweak.

But for a beta it is certainly looking extremely promising - so much so only using XP10 for VR flying.

Cheers

Peter

I had the same problem with my PFC Cirrus rudder pedals. Calibration was not reading the yaw, but was reading the toe brakes. So I skipped the yaw and nothing worked. I then realised that I had not bound the axis using the joystick settings - that fixed it. You may not have made the same error but if so hope this fixes it for you.

For anyone with a PFC C2 Pro Flight Console - the USB HID plugin and XPUIPC work fine - recognises everything.

Cheers

Peter

I changed the device from joystick to PFC USB and calibrate it using PFC Calibration tool and it does nothing. Went back to joystick, it does recognize it but it won't calibrate.

The range on the roll axis is not enough to go from red to blue. If I ignore the axis the pitch and throttle1 even it registers movement in the joystick main menu it does nothing when in the actual airplane.

Flight controls wouldn't move. Oh well. I'll have to wait for the developers.

I saw "geoid/extended_dsfs=1.00000" in the dataref but setting it to 0 has shown no improvement (this is just for info as XP11 is beta so problems) . 

Setting "shadow/csm_split_exterior=0.00000" i gained 3 fps lol. I don't know what it does but just doing experiments.

I get 10 fps on default settings on my low end laptop and some places around 12-13 , i feel they need to optimize the renderer. 

There is one DSF which changes the whole terrain in XP11  but don't set it to zero it will look at using an XT system 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

The ATC is nice :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

the .org forum is the biggest source of aiports outside WED.

while it sounds rudimentary, i usually just type the icao code and x-plane in google and it usually finds me withtin 3 posts the correct .org link ;)

http://apxp.info is a great way to quickly find a current/good rendition of an airport :)

How does one change the pilot view so that the panel is at greater angle from where the pilot sits?

tony

Go to settings and change Field of View to a larger number.  Default is 60 I think... try 70 or 80.  The value is in degrees.

If you mean your actual view point, use the mouse to right click and drag around.  Or invest in Track IR that's what I use.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Didn`t take a look on XPlane for a long time.  But i downloaded the demo and i have to say XP11 looks realy great and the performance with my I7-6850K and a GTX1080 is great.  

I have all sliders at maximum and everything si butter smooth.  

If there only would be a PMDG 747 and 777 and a FSLabs A320 and AS2016 then it would be great to use for VA Flying. 

brgds

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

Forgive me for saying this but I have seen a lot of people here mentioning how they are bringing add-ons into XP11 Beta, but overlooking the fact that XP11 is Beta.  People are griping that the weather hasn't changed from XP10 or is unbearable, or bringing up performance issues, when it had been stated early on, prior to the public beta going out that XP11 hasn't been optimized yet.  From what I have experienced, running the beta on my system, I have kept an open mind that a lot of XP11 is not final yet, and may not be for a while, as long as we report bugs that they want found, or reporting technical issues with hardware usage and any other aspect of the core of XP11.  If we want to have the best sim available, we should be more proactive to testing the sim, and reporting our findings so the XP11 team can get it all fixed, polished and sent out as a finished product.

I have kept my eagerness for using XP11 as a primary sim at bay, knowing full well this is just a taste of things to come.  For all we know, there may be other things LR has in store for us that hasn't emerged yet.  Take for instance, the weather.  The default weather in XP11 appears to be the same as it was in XP10, which indicates to me that this is something on their list that they'll handle later, because they knew about the weather issues prior to release of the XP11 Beta.  i have hopes they can implement better AI traffic as well, not to mention improved cities (flew over London yesterday and I thought I was in the 17th century).

All in all, I am grateful to LR that they released this as a public beta, so we can help, which is better than what I can say about other devs and their closed betas that always seem to end with no issues, yet when the prime user base gets a hold of it, problems start seeping out of the woodwork.

• Upvote 6

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I have not found the option to make the runways not follow the terrain? They follow the terrain, and with the UHD mesh I'm using that's a bit too much terrain.

I have not found the option to make the runways not follow the terrain? They follow the terrain, and with the UHD mesh I'm using that's a bit too much terrain.

It might be an intentional omission, because I think the idea now is that instead of a global setting, it's now done on a per-airport basis. See this post about it from earlier in the year:

http://developer.x-plane.com/2016/03/per-airport-flattening/

Ben mentions a version of WED will be released with the ability to set this feature, but I haven't followed WED lately so I don't know if that's in yet. If it is, and if it's just one or two airports that have problems, you might be able to load whatever airport needs it in the editor and flatten it yourself. Maybe someone else who knows more than me can comment on this, I'm just guessing at a solution.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I saw "geoid/extended_dsfs=1.00000" in the dataref but setting it to 0 has shown no improvement (this is just for info as XP11 is beta so problems) .

yes, some of them works :Love:  and some of them not -> some little tweaked nightlightning I´m not sure if you can see the difference on this small shots)

taco86uh.jpg

lpbxk2f5.jpg

shg29vte.jpg

bfzoas6v.jpg

m6yrdtzx.jpg

bj633ove.jpg

or little more blue haze: (question of taste):

yqci46yt.jpg

odo4s9gf.jpg

ll2kg8ik.jpg

8ww3q58z.jpg

kdl4edkj.jpg

v87adnl7.jpg

dj9omn6z.jpg

cst5mjt5.jpg

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD