Sign in to follow this  
Macpah

Grab your X-Plane 11 beta, guys!

Which official site? Did you file a bug or went you to x-plane.org? x-plane.org is NOT the official site.

In a technical sense, XP 10 and XP 11 are independet from each other, both self-contained and you can do with them whatever you like.

But if you're asking if you should now stick with XP 11 exclusively: No. It's a beta, it has bugs and rough edges, and not everything is yet compatible.

Cheers, technical sense is good enough for me. I'm ok roughing it through the bugs as I haven't been actively using XP10 recently.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Once installed can I safely uninstall XP10?

I'd almost certainly keep both. Trust me. XP11 is buggy

• Upvote 2

I'm downloading the demo. What is the limitation?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I'm downloading the demo. What is the limitation?

15 minutes and Seattle, so I've heard.

15 minutes and Seattle, so I've heard.

TKS

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Get it usable with smooth FPS and for the love of pete make the colors more vibrant, not so bland, it's a very bland looking sim right now, love the new UI and lighting though

• Upvote 1

make the colors more vibrant, not so bland, it's a very bland looking sim right now

That's the result of the haze, which is even there when you have 100 sm visibility. It's a bit too much for my taste, but other people say it's realistic. It's a matter of taste and personal real-world experience, I guess...

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Running the demo for a couple of hours, and so far its pretty horrific. Lots of bugs, glitches, hitches, and terrible performance. The terrain looks flat, bland, and very washed out, the AC's look pretty good from the outside, with the new reflection tech working ok, but I have some issues with some gauges in the C172. I really need more time before the demo ends, but sadly the 15mins still persist and its hard to get anywhere before you are timed out. I'm very glad I didn't buy it, which I very nearly did.

This demo feels like a very early beta, not a public release and makes me wonder what LR are thinking, as I can't see it attracting new users. It doesn't look good compared to version10 at this point, but maybe I'm missing something?

I'll keep going with the demo for now, but I have a nasty feeling it will go the same way for XP10 for me, which is deleted quite quickly and back to my other sims.

An edit to add. What the hell is with the banding in the sky? certain times of day look like the sim is using 8bit colour gradients :Sick:

It's a bit too much for my taste, but other people say it's realistic

I wouldn't say it's realistic. It's far too much and I did a flight which I do in real-life at 2000ft and it's far too foggy (So much so that it obcsures the runway even at CAVOK conditions. For VFR flight in Poland at least, not being able to see the runway clearly at least 5-6KM out is a not normal). They have the right idea, but at low altitude it makes it look like an eternal winter. I'm sure it will be tweaked. Compared to XP10 it's visually a big improvement, but it needs work. However, at high altitude it looks much more realistic. Some tweaking is still required.

lol there's a beta update already...  first impressions - I didn't get far.  XP crashed when I tried selecting my CH throttle in the dropdown menu in the Controls setup.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hopefully, they add an option to reduce the amount of haze.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

This demo feels like a very early beta, not a public release and makes me wonder what LR are thinking, as I can't see it attracting new users. It doesn't look good compared to version10 at this point, but maybe I'm missing something?

If you know LR, that's because it is very early days. Visually it's a beautiful sim. When I look at how much v10 changed upto v10.50, then I have very high hopes for v11. Give it  chance, come back when it stabilises.

Hopefully, they add an option to reduce the amount of haze.

+1

• Upvote 1

It is visually very good.  And, the new interface is very easy to use.  I have never warmed up to the old interface.

Biggest problem for me right now is the fps and overall jerkiness.   I have turned things down and still cannot find smoothness.  I am running an Intel i7 4770K at 4200 MHz and a GTX 1080.  I thought that I would have smooth sailing, er, flying, right out of the shoot.

I look forward to purchasing when things get a little bit further along.

Looks great though as some have pointed out the atmosphere is a wee bit hazy.

Runs very smoothly with my rig (GTX980 Ti).

Had trouble calibrating the throttle of my T-Flight Hotas X, ended up hacking the PRF file to get it working correctly. XP10 used to do it fine.

Otherwise sound and lighting top notch, pleased so far.

Funny thing - my impression is it's running much better on my system than I would have thought (maybe even faster then XPX - tough to compare settings wise) and so far I very much like what I see. I didn't have any crash either. I posted a few screenshots.