Sign in to follow this  
phil hazelton

PMDG issues 737 & 777 start up

JUST having new issue on my 737-800&900's @ start up

parking brake  at lower left corner of screen is on and will not release after brakes are disengaged

went to settings/ controls / buttons etc...... still will not release

run as admin

deleted & reinstalled planes and same issue

thank you

phil hazelton

duckdong60@hotmail.com

deleted & reinstalled planes and same issue

Ninety percent of the time, this fails every time...

I know many in the sim realm offer this up as a cure all. It's not. Best skipping this thought entirely as it's usually something entirely simple, like having your chocks set.

Kyle Rodgers

99.9% sure you had he chocks in cause I just went through this on my NGX a week or so ago. Lol Couldnt release the parking brake and looked all over checking switches and all. Finally went to external view and seen chocks were in. Pressed menu on the FMC and went in to the FS Options page and removed the chocks and all was solved. Dont have the 777 so cant really tell you there but sure it is probably the same thing.

will not release after brakes are disengaged

I had the same issue several years ago. Windows7 thought the Ctrl key was stuck. Changed keyboards and the problem went away. After about a month, I switched back to the original keyboard and Windows no longer falsely detected a stuck Ctrl key.

JUST having new issue on my 737-800&900's @ start up

parking brake at lower left corner of screen is on and will not release after brakes are disengaged

went to settings/ controls / buttons etc...... still will not release

Doesn't the 777 simulate deflated tires by locking the parking brake?  This may be true for the NGX as well.  A few months ago I had this issue after slewing the 777 (not after overusing the brakes). 

Edit: I just reviewed a ticket I filed a few months ago.  It seems that if I slew the 777 and then it accidentally starts flying (failure to press F1 key before exiting slew mode), and then the plane is placed at a gate, the brake overheat/tire deflation failures will kick in, including brakes unable to be released.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2