Sign in to follow this  
manuthie

First test of the X-Plane 11 beta

Just fooling around a bit. I really like the new European autogen ... works so much better for Europe.

Everything is default - no addons whatsoever.

Cessna_172SP_14.jpg

Cessna_172SP_21.jpg

Cessna_172SP_seaplane_2.jpg

Cessna_172SP_seaplane_5.jpg

Cessna_172SP_seaplane_6.jpg

Cessna_172SP_seaplane_7.jpg

Cessna_172SP_seaplane_8.jpg

CirrusSF50_1.jpg

CirrusSF50_7.jpg

CirrusSF50_8.jpg

CirrusSF50_15.jpg

b738_3.jpg

b738_10.jpg

b738_11.jpg

b738_12.jpg

• Upvote 8

The new European autogen looks great. 

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

In contrast to a lot of people performance for me is close to XPX. I get around 20 fps in the areas with lot's of autogen if i set reflections to minimum. Most of the screenshots above where taken with reflections at maximum however which resulted in around 15 fps. But then again I don't have top notch hardware (i5-2500K / 3,3 GHz + GTX 960 / 4GB) and I expected it to run much worse. But maybe the European autogen is more fps friendly then the US autogen because a lot of people with better hardware seem to have worse fps.

Edit: clouds might play a role as well - I only tested in clear conditions.

hm the performance is quite good on my system,the framerates are pretty high even with high settings but there are some (strange) stutters  (It´s a Beta so that was expected) !

but I found something new in XP11 - contrails :-) (working particle effects) and the (old) DataRefEditor is working - you can use FlyWithLua scripts !

pfmo5z6y.jpg

ol5gtimo.jpg

8dqjjwis.jpg

2tyvpasf.jpg

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

Yep! Really nice shots.  I didn't install EU yet - my SSD is suffering lol!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Very Nice!! :smile:

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

ok I have to find out (for me) the best scattering settings for XP11 (little bit different to XP10) ! but the cools stuff is, that my own created sceneries are working (ok that´s nothing new but only 2 clicks are necessary, copy and paste :-), I love XPlane for that)  and most of the plugins, seasons switcher etc. are ok -  should we open a  new thread with a list of working plugins for a better overview ?

some shots with g2xpl (and Ortho4xp) + world2xplane custom sceneries

for me (but I think this is already reported - a little bit to hazy, screenshots with complete clear weather, but anyway even with this haze, the XP11 have a look near to something like Outerra :Rose: ) but for a BETA (generally speaking) XP11 is working quite good, I wish only more customizable graphic settings (f.e. one separate slider for trees, something like XP10)

rsdvvr47.jpg

3n5thdz8.jpg

k4rfzoez.jpg

52r99n8j.jpg

gwlxzrcn.jpg

rlsv637c.jpg

3it65lqn.jpg

qzt8roa3.jpg

hsgnz43f.jpg

b3u2888m.jpg

aisxj7vv.jpg

szu79gbp.jpg

gpef3q2r.jpg

3xjw72nl.jpg

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

I don't like not being able to adjust cloud puffs, clouds are still a huge performance hit.might try to put in SMP and see what happens.

ok I have to find out (for me) the best scattering settings for XP11 (little bit different to XP10) ! but the cools stuff is, that my own created sceneries are working (ok that´s nothing new but only 2 clicks are necessary, copy and paste :-), I love XPlane for that)  and most of the plugins, seasons switcher etc. are ok -  should we open a  new thread with a list of working plugins for a better overview ?

some shots with g2xpl (and Ortho4xp) + world2xplane custom sceneries

for me (but I think this is already reported - a little bit to hazy, screenshots with complete clear weather, but anyway even with this haze, the XP11 have a look near to something like Outerra :Rose: ) but for a BETA (generally speaking) XP11 is working quite good, I wish only more customizable graphic settings (f.e. one separate slider for trees, something like XP10)

rsdvvr47.jpg

3n5thdz8.jpg

k4rfzoez.jpg

52r99n8j.jpg

gwlxzrcn.jpg

rlsv637c.jpg

3it65lqn.jpg

qzt8roa3.jpg

hsgnz43f.jpg

b3u2888m.jpg

aisxj7vv.jpg

szu79gbp.jpg

gpef3q2r.jpg

3xjw72nl.jpg

Is this default scenery???!!!

hello !

no, it´s a combination of my own created world2xplane sceneries + ortho4xp and g2xpl - but I all of this tools (except g2xpl - here is a small "donation" necessary for new and full version) are free (ok you need some time :-) ) !

Cheers !