Sign in to follow this  
ARCO

Your new Clouds shadows add-on

mjc q400 works fine, vc and land shadows ok.

cs_q4.jpg

Kdfw_,

Can you please confirm what your DX10 Fixer Shadow settings are set to, or simply post a screenshot.

Thanks,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

@Stuart can you taxi around in your q400 at around 11am and confirm whether or not you see clear VC shadows or not.

@horace there is no issue with the fsl320 or 737ngx, other than the fps hit of enabling a second water pass and VC shadows. I have both and cloud shadows work with both. Did you get the pop up to trust dx10simC.dll? Are you using Reshade?

Steve,

Unfortunately dueto commitments I shall not now get a chance to do further testing until maybe Tuesday, but willtest it then and let you know.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Oh my god... thought I nailed it... it turned out I used FS Water Configurator. Well, even the Fixer Diagnostic Tool told me, that my Water40.fx wasn't the original one. But I restored it, Diagnostics says, everything is in order but still no cloud shadows. Just to be precise. I did a quick test from LEAS with the trike. Climbed above 2000ft without slew. There were some clouds but no shadows. Any additional ideas?

Hendrik Horeis

See my questions above are you using Reshade? Did you get a popup about the dll and did you trust it? Can you check its enabled in the dll.xml

No Reshade and it seems to be too late for me to work properly :P Yes, dll.xml is as follows:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Dx10Fixer interface</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\DX10SceneryFixer\Libraries\dx10SimC.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Hendrik Horeis

Nice one! Thank you very much for your effort. Glad if I would be able to help trigger this down.

Hendrik Horeis

Steve, is this add-on compatible with REX 4 textures?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I'm a little afraid of a FPS hit, but this sounds really great.

Does it work with ASCA?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Can you both confirm that you have upgraded to version 3.1 of the fixer, the games is not paused, that you haven't used slew and your altitude above ground level is greater than 1000ft and also. that it's daytime.

Hi Steve

yes on 3.1 and all the above is positve :smile:

But I used reshade once, maybe this is the point! I will now rebuild the shaders and reinstall Dx10 fixer 3.1 and CloudShadow.

Ultimate Terrain Europe can't be the point??

Will report back

Bruno

Bruno 

Steve,

Sent the following on our prvt converstion, but thought I would repost in the forum with a couple of pics:

"Steve, I've just been doing some more testing. It seems that when I thought before that cloud shadows were working on the Dash6, it seems this was not the case afterall. I have tried with the default Chub, but I'm still not seeing cloud shadows at all like the various screenshots you and some others have posted. I did find that having run the DX10 Toolbox aircraft fix, I do definately have shadows within the VC of the Majestic Dash8.

Could the prlblem be with running Rex Soft Clouds?

I can send you a few screenshots of what I'm seeing, or not seeing.

How can I send them to you? Can I email them?

I am disappointed that I can't get this working, but I applaud all your endeavours to make FSX more engrossing."

-2016-nov-28-006_zpskrlhk4jo.jpg

-2016-nov-28-001_zps9lpxdmc7.jpg

Any thoughts?

Stuart

Just add further clarification of my current software addons that may or may not be affecting your cloud shadow addon.

Mogisoft Shade using 'Marks Final' shade preset.

Rex Soft Clouds.

Active Sky Next, but tests and photos done using default fair weather setting, ASN not running.

FTX Norway.

I also renamed the folder 'Shader' and 'Shader10' and let them rebuild.

Cheers,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

What time of day is it in those pictures? There are 2 (or perhaps 3 of you if Bruno has an issue) that don't see anything, anyone else with an issue has turned out to be aircraft without VC shadows. I have prepared a debug build for Horace and will see what it shows so I would ask you to be patient. Do you have a dxgi.dll file in your fsx directory?

Steve,

Re time of day - I just clicked on 'daytime' in FSX, I think it showed about 10:45 GMT in Oslo. Of course this time of year in Norway the sun is low in the sky. Does that possibly influence the lack of cloud shadow, which of course it would in real life?

I had already checked for dxgi.dll, having tried reshade in the past, but that file is no longer there.

My Dash8-400 does now have VC shadows after applying DX10 Toolbox fix.

Patience is a virtue

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373