Sign in to follow this  
ARCO

Your new Clouds shadows add-on

Stuart,

I don't quite understand why you needed to use the toolbox if you had ForceVCShadowMap in fsx.cfg. Is there any possibility that the file that you sent me isn't your actual fsx.cfg?

Do you have steam installed and fsx or have you had both installed in the past and removed the dvd version?

Do you run fsx as admin and does your normal user have admin rights?

Steve

Also can you create a flight in mid summer over the English channel with clouds set to fair weather and with cloud coverage as scattered. I would like to clearly see water reflections, I think I can just see some in the lake in the distance, but its hard to be sure.

Stuart,I don't quite understand why you needed to use the toolbox if you had ForceVCShadowMap in fsx.cfg. Is there any possibility that the file that you sent me isn't your actual fsx.cfg?

[stuart] Definately the correct FSX.cfg. I have always had ForceVCShadowMap set, but used the toolbox fix as I wasn't previously seeing VC shadows in the Q400.

Do you have steam installed and fsx or have you had both installed in the past and removed the dvd version?

[stuart] I uninstalled FSX Gold before installing FSXSE in order to avoid earlier installation issues with Steam+DVD versions on same machine. So now only have FSX installed within Steam directory structure.

Do you run fsx as admin and does your normal user have admin rights?

[stuart] Yes and yes.

Also can you create a flight in mid summer over the English channel with clouds set to fair weather and with cloud coverage as scattered. I would like to clearly see water reflections, I think I can just see some in the lake in the distance, but its hard to be sure.

[stuart] Will try and do a quick test tomorrow morning, but am out late morning so may have to wait until Wednesday.

See embedded comments.

Cheers,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

How to fix this addon?

I tried all recomendations from this topic... As result no cloud shadows. 

FSX boxed version

AS16+ASCA

REX direct

Pmdg 737

Dx10 fixer - 3.1

Atmos, I am sorry but clearly I haven't yet found a solution for the small number of people effected by this issue.

I am working on it, but it isn't obvious what the common factor is. If you are unhappy and don't wish to wait for a solution then PM me.

What time of day is it in those pictures? There are 2 (or perhaps 3 of you if Bruno has an issue) that don't see anything, anyone else with an issue has turned out to be aircraft without VC shadows. I have prepared a debug build for Horace and will see what it shows so I would ask you to be patient. Do you have a dxgi.dll file in your fsx directory?

Bruno dit it  the hard way :smile: reinstalled FSX and Shadows are here!  :dance: 

So something in my old FSX install was wrong. My guess is with the shaders!

Thanks

Bruno

Bruno 

Could somebody let me know as to what the shadows are compatible with, I'm using Rex4 + SC, mogwaisoft shade, and unfortunately Reshade 3.0.5, which I believe is a no go? but I just can't seem to use fsx without Reshade, I did install Cloud shadows and yeh they didn't show up, I am using DX10 V3.1 with excellent VC shadows, I just wish I could understand as to why there are some great addons that just don't like any dxgi.dll.

Cheers Rod.

Bruno has helpfully reported an incompatibility with FSL spotlights, so that's now FSL spotlights and Reshade (version 3.0 or greater but not earlier versions) that are incompatible.

Is anyone with it not working using either of those?

Bruno has helpfully reported an incompatibility with FSL spotlights, so that's now FSL spotlights and Reshade (version 3.0 or greater but not earlier versions) that are incompatible.

Is anyone with it not working using either of those?

Yep, here too.  http://www.avsim.com/topic/498762-clouds-shadow-and-fslabs-spotlight/

Shade is installed, but I can start FSX without it, and I've forced the shader10 folder to rebuild.  The cloud shadows still don't appear until I've removed FSSpotlights.

Dave Skuback - KBLM

'Cause down the shore everything's all right

Bought it and it's amazing. Thanks so much Steve. I'm using AS 16 with ASCA. No fps hit at all on my end.

Ok so as far as I can tell the only person with shadows not working is now Stuart - anyone else still have an issue?

Stuart has another oddity as he didn't have VC shadows in his aircraft until he used the toolbox. This is with the correct force setting in his fsx.cfg

Stuart can you

1) confirm if you have a fsx-se directory or not under AppData\Roaming\Microsoft

2) confirm which directory the fsx.cfg you sent me came from

3) provide by email or pm a listing of your fsx directory

4) provide a screenshor of the Cessna at 3000ft above the sea in the English Channel so I can check I can see reflections.

5) provide a screenshot of the settings pages from fsx

6) send me the dll.xml from Appdata\roaming\Microsoft\fsx and fsx-se if there is one