Sign in to follow this  
ARCO

Your new Clouds shadows add-on

Steve,

1) confirm if you have a fsx-se directory or not under AppData\Roaming\Microsoft

Because FSXSE installed on it's own, my dir is:

AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX (not FSXSE)

2) confirm which directory the fsx.cfg you sent me came from

The same directory as above.

Re. items 3,4,5,6. I shall try and look into these during the morning as didn't have time for further investigation today. How can I email you the results?

Which specific FSX settings pages do you need to see, or all of them?

Thanks

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Steve, just some information if required, I'm using Reshade V3.0.5, FSX, with FSL A320 and Spotlights V24, REX4, AS16 and DX10Fixer 3.1 all without issue's, but are unable to get Cloud Shadows to work at this stage, will keep a eye on this thread.

Cheers Rod.

@Rod, as stated reshade version 3 is incompatible with cloud shadows so you won't see any.

You need to revert back to an older version of reshade prior to 3.

V3 of reshade alters a lot of directx internals which causes issues.

@Stuart,

Can you confirm that you looked for an fsx-se directory? If Vc shadows did not work in the majestic until you used the toolbox then the fsx.cfg that you sent me from fsx cannot be the version being used. Given this I am trying to think whether something went wrong with the uninstall, causing the installation of fsx se to conclude that fsx was still installed and using its alternate directory.

I understand that a clean install of fsxse uses the fsx directory.

Can you run the dx10 controller, select the menu item fsx.cfg, and tell me whether the forcevcshadows option appears as ticked.

There is a yahoo email address in the support section on pg 2 of the fixer manual - I don't want to paste it on a public forum

Yeh Steve thats the debate I'm having with myself at the moment, FSL A320 and spotlights will not work with any earlier version of Reshade, sort of a catch22 do I or dont I uninstall, only I can decide that one.

Cheers Rod.

Steve, I just wanted to leave the view from the cockpit from my last flight, preparing for final approach to Las Americas in Dominican Republic. Having cloud shadows is a game changer. I've been waiting for years to have this view. Thank you!

73dzjd.png

Rui Laureano

Lisboa, Portugal

Thanks, yet again, for breathing new life into FSX.  A FSX feature I only dreamed of is now a reality.  Well worth the cost of admission, considering even its slight shortcomings. Bravo! :clapping:

I got a stack of screenies I'll soon post on the screenshots forum to showoff the excellence of your fine work.  Thanks again!

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

I'm glad you enjoyed them.  My goals was to show its effect in different environments, though I did not get any 35k' views since I rarely fly that high.

As for any screen shot (at least for me), the actual VC experience was far more compelling.  Seeing those shadows creep along the ground really adds a sense of space and dimension.  :good:

Have a Merry Christmas!

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Hi SteveFx. Any chance compatibility with ReShade 3 will eventually happen? I'd buy Cloud Shadows based on pure trust, having owned your invaluable DX10Fixer since the beginning, but right now ReShade 3 offers too many advantages over the older versions for me to get rid of it in FSX.

I cannot make it compatible - Reshade 3 changes a lot of the low level graphics internals.

I haven't yet tested the combination of reshade 3 and the latest FSL spotlights - there is just the faintest of possibility that spotlights will shield me from reshade 3 but I think that is almost certainly clutching at straws.

thx for your reply, Steve. If I can find a way to use the AmbientLight shader under ReShade 2, I'd love to try your Cloud Shadows utility.

Hi Steve, I was thinking I'd give your utility a try.

I'm running FSX on a 3x Eyefinity setup, not fullscreen but in a resized borderless window (spanning FSX fullscreen across all monitors produces too much distortion on the sides for my taste).

I just read in thid thread that your utility doesn't work on multiple monitors. Is that true even when running FSX windowed?