Sign in to follow this  
ARCO

Your new Clouds shadows add-on

It's got nothing to do with the fixer. The fsx core running in dx10 mode with or without the fixer does not work with multiple GPUs. You can have multiple monitors with a single GPU. On this subject I advise people to test running dx10 preview on their rig before buying the fixer.

I'm not sure I understand your answer, or perhaps my question wasn't clear.
I have a multiple monitor setup and a single GPU, would like to try Cloud Shadows, but you state it won't work on multiple monitor setups (bold and underline are mine):

Stuart, I replied to your comment on my blog as I saw that first.

Please provide details of the aircraft and Dx10fixer version.

If you use an aircraft that has no VC shadows set then you will not see cloud shadows ie if you don't have force VC shadows set in fsx.cfg and the aircraft doesn't support them by default for example.

if you have fixer 3.0 and multiple monitors you won't see them either.

Also after slewing you would need to wait maybe a couple of minutes for the shadows to appear. It uses the height above the ground, but it is heavily damped and will only adjust slowly to avoid anomalies if there is a cliff underneath the aircraft.

There was a specific problem  if someone  had purchased the initial version of Cloud Shadows and forgotten to update the fixer to the latest version which was 3.1 at the time.    I was just listing all the known reasons not to see cloud shadows.

Cloud Shadows works fine on multiple monitors with the correct fixer version.

thanks a lot, Steve.

I'm buying Cloud Shadows now, can't wait to give it a try!

Hello Steve, I just bought your cloud shadows today and dont see the shadows as yet. I have the FLS A320X whitch requires the free version of fls spotlights for it to work. I also use Mogishade and using nice shade preset and a new sun sky textures for the sim. I have the latest Directx10 fixer and all shadows are working in the vc. Im also having a problem with the new PMDG747 with no splash effects from the lights onto the runway/taxiway. Be glad of your help. I had wondered about doing a repair of fsx with the discs FSX ACC Gold.I do have FS water configurater as well.

I haven't as yet, I did wonder about that but thought it was only the the paid version of spotlights. Ill try it and report back. Thanks for your reply.

Updated to the the spotlights Steve and yes I now have the shadows....should have tried that first. :hi: :wink: