Sign in to follow this  
Riah069

Stutter low FPS Mess

Hi guys.

Bought into the buy Xplane 10 get Xplane 11 free

And i have horrible performance

All settings on low as a last resort and still really bad FPS (Don't know how to bring up the fps counter in game)

Are there any other settings besides the 5 bars in settings that i may be missing?

Win7 64 bit

I7 4790k

16 gig ram

GTX1070

ANY help appreciated please. I feel like i have had a big dump dropped on me :sad:

Regards 

Mike

Ok got the FPS counter up and it is Low 20's. I really thought i could get more out of it. Is Xplane 11 serious?

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

Hmmm, can you post your rendering settings?

You have a much better system than mine and I get around 50 frames with medium settings and smooth as glass

How to post rendering settings?

Sorry I'm a complete noob in Xplane. More time spent in FSX/P3d :)

If you're referring to Rendering Options. There all set to low max left on the bars

Mike

No way with that system low 20s, I 

Hi guys.

All settings on low as a last resort and still really bad FPS (Don't know how to bring up the fps counter in game)

Are there any other settings besides the 5 bars in settings that i may be missing?

Win7 64 bit

I7 4790k

16 gig ram

GTX1070

ANY help appreciated please. I feel like i have had a big dump dropped on me :sad:

Regards 

Mike

Ok got the FPS counter up and it is Low 20's. I really thought i could get more out of it. Is Xplane 11 serious?

You must, not could. Maybe some video drivers to tune up, I have a GTX 770 and much better FPS with clouds and most settings almost maxed.

Dude, if you read the release notes you will learn that this is still beta and it states that you will have low frame rates

Dude, if you read the release notes you will learn that this is still beta and it states that you will have low frame rates

Okkkk if it is to be low FPS then why release a beta? 

Because at lower than 20fps it is unplayable.

No way with that system low 20s, I 

You must, not could. Maybe some video drivers to tune up, I have a GTX 770 and much better FPS with clouds and most settings almost maxed.

Latest Nvidia drivers. And buy what you say i should have the same fps. So what is the problem on my end? 

Mike

Hi guys.

Win7 64 bit

I7 4790k

16 gig ram

GTX1070

Don't worry, it's still a Beta, not a Release version, and the low FPS issue has already been acknowledged by the developers. So the performance will certainly improve in subsequent releases. You just have to be patient.

Keep in mind that, historically, between the first public beta release of a major X-Plane version, and a full mature usable release, it takes on average a few months.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I also had stutter fest..it was truly ugly. I went into NVCP/3D Settings/Program Settings, selelected X-Plane and shut OFF "Threaded Optimization", which had been on AUTO. Much smoother now.  

good luck,

Greg   

• Upvote 1

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Okkkk if it is to be low FPS then why release a beta? 

Because at lower than 20fps it is unplayable.

The purpose of a beta is to find bugs before final release. If you are using a beta you are essentially signing up to find bugs and report them. You should also read the release notes so you know what you are getting into. They clearly state the current issues.

If you don't want to find bugs and would rather just fly, it's best at this point to run v10 if you have it or wait for the first actual release of v11.

I also had stutter fest..it was truly ugly. I went into NVCP/3D Settings/Program Settings, selelected X-Plane and shut OFF "Threaded Optimization", which had been on AUTO. Much smoother now.  

good luck,

Greg   

That option worked worked THX mate

Mike

That option worked worked THX mate

Good to hear and I believe this was an issue in XP10 as well.

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.