Sign in to follow this  
neilbradley1

Won't climb, won't accelarate

After getting airborne and cleaning up the aircraft and selecting the autopilot, the aircraft does not accelerate to 250 kts and then the FMC computed climb speed above 10,000, and sits around 175 kts and will barely climb, even when there is only 1/3 fuel and empty on payload. Another feature is the 5 degree nose down attitude when more or less level. Any thoughts?

Neil Bradley

Hi,

What are you using for the weather? What is the SAT?

What is you thrust setting? (Off course thrust ref is maintained and all flaps, speedbrake and gear are retracted?).

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Any thoughts?

Sounds like you might have assigned the axis thru FSUIPC. They need to be assigned thru FSX. See pages 34 and 35 of NGX Introduction Manual

Any thoughts?

Move your FSUIPC.ini out of the modules folder (in your FSX root folder) and put it somewhere else. Check for the issue. If it's gone, it's your FSUIPC settings. As Michael mentioned, it's likely your flaps axis.

Kyle Rodgers

Dont forget to check the weather also. I had that behavior with ASN out on me.

Dont forget to check the weather also. I had that behavior with ASN out on me.

Did you also have a nose down attitude?

Did you also have a nose down attitude?

No, dont recall that but I was climbing out of KLAX to KSFO via RZS and the airplane was slow to climb with low airspeed fully cleaned up so I never tried the approach to landing attitude.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the responses. I removed FSUPIC from the modules folder and changed from AS2016 to ASN and then flew a relatively short flight and all went well. I'll try again with AS2016 to see if that is an issue.

The only thing that was odd and missing was the upper wind input. Nothing was displayed on the ND and the GS matched the TAS all through the flight indicating that there was a zero wind. I didn't check the OAT.

In regards to my setup, I received a response from a fellow flight simmer who lives nearby and we are working through the control issues.

Again thanks for your input.

Neil Bradley

I would be remiss if I did not clarify that in that instance the failure of ASN was most likely a simconnect failure linked to windows. The computer had been going to sleep on and off before I initiated. Otherwise ASN on its own is very friendly and I have not had any problems with it.