Sign in to follow this  
vesalius

Xplane 11 beta, I'm impressed...

I'm a FS/Prepar3D simmer since more then 25 years. Once, I gave Xplane 10 a try while it was on sale but it never gave me the visual, flight dynamics satisfaction (perhaps satisfaction is the wrong word, "habitude would be more appropriate) as I was with P3D. So my total flying time in Xplane is below 1h... :)

Untill now, this beta of 11 came out for the public.

WOW, night stuff is stunning! The new rendering engine is such a gorgeous piece of gamechanger and really gives you a real world feeling (at night).

Give this beta a try and enjoy it like I did.

post-100554-0-27517700-1480173960.jpg

post-100554-0-77090200-1480173964.jpg

post-100554-0-76960600-1480173965.jpg

post-100554-0-53910000-1480173966.jpg

post-100554-0-11744200-1480173967.jpg

post-100554-0-03765400-1480173968.jpg

post-100554-0-94240800-1480173968.jpg

post-100554-0-09351300-1480173970.jpg

post-100554-0-34233100-1480173971.jpg

• Upvote 7

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

W O W ! These are Brilliant,That one with the Landing Light  Illuminated is especially Eye Catching :smile: 

• Upvote 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

You should shoot for the folks...some taxi around Seattle Int.  Let them see how real-world a flight simulator can appear now.  P3D and FSX shows as ancient code, with this release.  Sorry, but it just does.

The lighting and rendering engine within XP11..is simply phenomenal~

I purchased today...and am moments away from my scenery in-download.  I can't wait to fly Michigan, and see how it compares to XP10.x!!!!

Enjoy...

• Upvote 1

It's the second one that amazes me. The reflection of light from the ground on the underside of the wing... Wow!!  There is also something magical about that last one that feels very real.

• Upvote 1

Daniel Miller

It's the second one that amazes me. The reflection of light from the ground on the underside of the wing... Wow!!  There is also something magical about that last one that feels very real.

That's nothing...lol...at night, on the Cessna 172...when the strobes flash...they light up the ground...AND...you see a high-light flash and stand-out of the metal ridges on the flaps.  I have never seen this in any other sim to date.   There is no pressuring of your mind to accept, that you are at the airport...and watching real-world events...lights, shadows, head-lights, glow from aircraft interiors at the gates...at taxi...PHENOMENAL...

• Upvote 1

Quick recording with no sound and no clue how the recorder works :-)

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

It is really awesome!  And it's still beta!

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

It is really awesome!  And it's still beta!

It truly is...am now putting over my entire custom airports and HD mesh to the beast... 123 GB's!

I'm interested in flying P3D and XPlane11 and pretty much a newbie for Xplane

I'm impressed with the value "out of the box" for XP11 and the default scenery is way better than I thought it would be.

However the panels in the stock planes seem "not as crisp" as P3D and also seem to be proportionally too large compared to the ratio of the panel Vs the view outside (compared to P3D). May just be my imagination but it's something that is detracting from the "immersion" factor for me.

I'm wondering if I'm setting something wrong and if if there is a way to get better resolution panels in XP11 ?

Note that I run this with a EVGA Geforce Gtx670 2gb. This card is more then 4 years old and not a high end video card. P3D as we know it (NGX, FTX Global, FTX Vector, EU Landclass, PTA, Cloud shadows...) runs at an average of 30fps.

I'm struggling with fluid X-Planes 11 frames when:

- shadows are activated

- rain

- clouds (starting with "broken" clouds)

But then again, this seems to be on the top of Laminar's known bugs for this beta. I'm confident that things will be getting better and am almost preparing myself (mentally :P) to cross over to X-Plane.

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

Same here...

However the panels in the stock planes seem "not as crisp" as P3D and also seem to be proportionally too large compared to the ratio of the panel Vs the view outside (compared to P3D). May just be my imagination but it's something that is detracting from the "immersion" factor for me.

I'm wondering if I'm setting something wrong and if if there is a way to get better resolution panels in XP11 ?

So far, I've only looked at the C172. The others are not to the level of detail (soundwise for example) like we see them in P3D.

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

Minus the very nice reflections that is the night environment we have been enjoying in XP 0 for years now. Welcome to the club ;)

I'm impressed with the value "out of the box" for XP11 and the default scenery is way better than I thought it would be.

On the bottom of the Graphics Settings, you need to raise the viewpoint, to let's say 80 percent.   You will be sitting back from the panel, and on outside view, from the aircraft. You can adjust this setting to anything you like....