Sign in to follow this  
vesalius

Xplane 11 beta, I'm impressed...

Same here...

So far, I've only looked at the C172. The others are not to the level of detail (soundwise for example) like we see them in P3D.

Do you mean default vs payware? Don't expect miracles from the default aircraft though I imagine the soundset for the MD80 and 738 aren't implemented yet.

On the bottom of the Graphics Settings, you need to raise the viewpoint, to let's say 80 percent.   You will be sitting back from the panel, and on outside view, from the aircraft. You can adjust this setting to anything you like....

80 degrees you mean.

• Upvote 1

Note that I run this with a EVGA Geforce Gtx670 2gb. This card is more then 4 years old and not a high end video card. P3D as we know it (NGX, FTX Global, FTX Vector, EU Landclass, PTA, Cloud shadows...) runs at an average of 30fps.

I'm struggling with fluid X-Planes 11 frames when:

- shadows are activated

- rain

- clouds (starting with "broken" clouds)

But then again, this seems to be on the top of Laminar's known bugs for this beta. I'm confident that things will be getting better and am almost preparing myself (mentally :P) to cross over to X-Plane.

Run XP11 with a Pascal GTX1070, and you'll be popping 22-30 FPS under the same settings you state, with no chunk.

On the bottom of the Graphics Settings, you need to raise the viewpoint, to let's say 80 percent.   You will be sitting back from the panel, and on outside view, from the aircraft. You can adjust this setting to anything you like....

Thanks Sesquashtoo . I've got a lot to learn about XP  

Do you mean default vs payware? Don't expect miracles from the default aircraft though I imagine the soundset for the MD80 and 738 aren't implemented yet.

80 degrees you mean.

ah yes....sorry, most correct...degrees.  I like 75 for the view set-back 

Thanks Sesquashtoo . I've got a lot to learn about XP  

I need to correct as someone pointed out (and thanks!)  It is a setting of DEGREES, not percentage.   I run personally with a setting of 75 degrees of view.

• Upvote 2

I must say - I'm not an X-Plane fan - and have been avoiding it, mostly because of the interface in X-Plane 10... I thought I'd give X-Plane 11 a try, though... downloaded the demo, and I'm really pleasantly surprised!

I have a 6700HQ, 1060 graphics laptop - and it's running quite nicely... Reflections are a FPS killer, though - and clouds. But as other people have pointed out, it's a beta - I hope they get to optimize those parts. It's looking quite nice, and the night ... uhhh ... Prepar3D, which is/was my main sim (even with the best shader mod) doesn't come close! But it's also the sloped runways (yes, I know - it's been in X-Plane for ages), but for a newbie and new to X-Plane it's very nice indeed!

Could anybody suggest some sceneries/addons which are worth looking into? (I'm thinking about purchasing this one, indeed)... You may have gained a 'follower'  :wink:

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

You're right about that, it is in fact what I wanted to say. But the C172 gives me the best satisfaction.

Run XP11 with a Pascal GTX1070, and you'll be popping 22-30 FPS under the same settings you state, with no chunk.

Sorry, but not-yet-midlife-family man here, mortgage loan on the house is still running and the kids are running school. Not to mention the misses, not sure how I could explain that one :-)

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

You're right about that, it is in fact what I wanted to say. But the C172 gives me the best satisfaction.

Sorry, but not-yet-midlife-family man here, mortgage loan on the house is still running and the kids are running school. Not to mention the misses, not sure how I could explain that one :-)

Yearh - I feel for ya'... But I'm quite sure, that lesser than a 1070 would do... I'm running a laptop with a 1060 - and getting very nice results...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I see they haven't fixed the light pop in issue,or light draw distance.....

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I hate the clouds, hate them, but love the rest, love it.

I love the light poles, high lines, night, water, pretty awesome stuff.

And the traffic on the roads at night, looks very real, I was really having a blast flying the demo at night.

Aaron Tirrell

i have X-Plane 11 Beta, but I haven't installed it yet because I just fly the payware aircraft like Airfoil Labs, Carenado, Flight Factor and IXEG, and I don't believe they would be working correctly in XP11 yet.

I am impressed with what I see here and on YouTube. It is really looking great, but I might wait a little and see how quickly the payware developers release their updates to work with it..

Liking the new UI, but the lighting issue still remains, when flying at night you can clearly see in the distance where the light ends. I would hope that they have addressed this issue by now. The terrible looking clouds are still there, when are they going to fix this? However, everything else is nice, loving the night lighting and updated scenery and rendering system. But please fix the cloud issue and the light issue, and I hope the low-res moon have been fixed as well. I haven't gotten a chance to mess with the new beta much.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Guest JustanotherPilot

Gotta agree with vesalius, I have owned every version of FSX and Prepar3d, XP9 and XP10. I am so sick of OOM and VAS with Prepar3d v3.4 that I'd thought another shot at X-Plane might be worth it, and its 64 bit engine. The new user interface will appease any FSX/P3D user who could not adjust to using XP10.

XP11 will be the new standard in flight sims, it is truely unbelievable.....and only a beta release, its up from here. I urge all those sitting on the fence to buy it, you will not regret it.

Steve s

I must say - I'm not an X-Plane fan - and have been avoiding it, mostly because of the interface in X-Plane 10... I thought I'd give X-Plane 11 a try, though... downloaded the demo, and I'm really pleasantly surprised!

I have a 6700HQ, 1060 graphics laptop - and it's running quite nicely... Reflections are a FPS killer, though - and clouds. But as other people have pointed out, it's a beta - I hope they get to optimize those parts. It's looking quite nice, and the night ... uhhh ... Prepar3D, which is/was my main sim (even with the best shader mod) doesn't come close! But it's also the sloped runways (yes, I know - it's been in X-Plane for ages), but for a newbie and new to X-Plane it's very nice indeed!

Could anybody suggest some sceneries/addons which are worth looking into? (I'm thinking about purchasing this one, indeed)... You may have gained a 'follower'  :wink:

Do a search for MisterX, his free scenery packages are legendary, payware quality. On the payware side, JustSim, Nimbus, PilotPlus, Aerosoft and a few others have some very good airports.

The more I fly the  XP11 beta the more I am becoming impressed with X-Plane (and this from a very satisfied P3D customer).

My initial concerns with the panels and panel textures seems to have gone away, partly from the tip from Sesquashtoo about changing the viewport and also since the beta update the panels seem to be much "crisper".

As stated in my 1st post in this thread I believe XP11 represents excellent value "out of the box" and is very enjoyable with zero payware add-ons so far.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot more about X-Plane and seeing it improve even more as the betas and release candidates roll out.

• Upvote 1

Speaking of the great night lighting...here's a link to my post talking about one of the best night features that you've never seen in FSX or P3D.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/498547-grab-your-x-plane-11-beta-guys/?p=3516131

I forgot to mention that you can also see under the A320's wings that they are casting shadows from the terminal lighting!   This effect (along with the others I mentioned in the post) just blew me away when I 1st saw them in XP10)!

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg