Sign in to follow this  
stonelance

Flight Toolkit issues for new users\PCs and other news

If you are using the Flight Toolkit on a new PC, or on a PC you have never logged into GFWL within Flight then it is possible that none of the enabled content shows up.  I figured out yesterday this is because Flight has a mode where you can play without being logged in, and then it will only allow you to use the original free content (BigIsland and the Stearman\Icon).  There are a couple places in the UI where it will prompt you to sign into GFWL before continuing, but it wasn't obvious to people that it was required to get the extra content.  The work around is to use Non-GFWL mode and create a profile and log into that.  I'm prepping a new version of the toolkit that will just force the Non-GFWL login screen to pop up at startup so that hopefully people are not missing the chance to sign in.

I've also added FS Tester's two addons to the list of addons that appear in the Addon Manager.

This next update will likely be the last update I make to the Flight Toolkit unless there are other major bugs.  I'm moving on to dedicate my time to other things in my life.  I had already stopped working on it almost completely other than to figure out this issue.  I'm not sure how many people are still using Flight, but I will keep my server and websites up for the Toolkit so that people can continue to use Aerocaches and other features in Non-GFWL mode.

This next update will likely be the last update I make to the Flight Toolkit unless there are other major bugs. I'm moving on to dedicate my time to other things in my life. I had already stopped working on it almost completely other than to figure out this issue. I'm not sure how many people are still using Flight, but I will keep my server and websites up for the Toolkit so that people can continue to use Aerocaches and other features in Non-GFWL mode.

My heartfelt thanks for all the (unpaid) work you've done over the past few years on our behalf as well as for leaving your server and websites up for the Flight Toolkit and the aerocaches.

Give people power to really test their personality.

I am definitely using Flight to the unseen future, cos there are simply not one other flight sim at the moment to compare or beat Flight in the sense of being there and the sensation of flying and the whole environment.

So very huge thanks goes to Stonelance for making this possible. There are several other talented souls here, who are making this happen too, so big thanks goes to them also.

-eelis-

I am a normal user of Flight and take full advantage of all the improvements that Stonelance has initiated.

A huge thanks and my gratitude go to Stonelance for this heavy selfless work.

Edmond

Thanks Steve, for all the effort that you've put into this project!

It is still truly quite astonishing how much you've achieved since 2012.

Regards,

Kavinda JD

I'll add my gratitude as well.  I fly Flight often and still prefer it by a mile over other simulators. Thanks Steve for the countless hours you've put into it.  I look forward to your next addition.

-Tom 

So, What can I say? I'm stil enjoying flying Flight almost every day (I'm retired) and I think I will keep doing so for long time in the future. Thanks Steve because without your hard work this could'nt be happening. I wish God bless you in your next goal. Thank you.

Oscar

Thanks for all the amazing work. Even after its official end, Flight has lived on much further than anyone could have imagined.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Indeed, thank you stonelance and everybody else who analyzed, created, expanded and maintained MS Flight in some way, shape or form; 2012 seems a long time ago as a beta tester, and it is sad to see an unfinished product never reach even 10% of its full potential. It feels now like the tangible end of that era, and what a shame that is - MS Flight captured the beauty of low and slow/VFR flight better than any other sim in my opinion, and provided stunning visuals despite using the 32-bit architecture.

I wish stonelance - and everybody else - all the very best in your futures. Kudos!

I too will express my greatest appreciation for all your hard work, time, and devotion into expanding and improving Flight to what it is today. I just added a 49 in. curved 4K TV for a monitor and the emotion level just went up. My greatest thanks again and all my best to you and yours!

Sincerely J. R. 

It's interesting that right now a user is posting on the FlightSchool Steam pages, videos supporting his argument that even now, Ms Flight is much better than Flightschool.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5