Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Beta low fps?

Try disabling threaded optimization under Nvidia control panel

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Some users were reporting success with it - maybe it will help someone.  I think a lot of people who got it are new to XP.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

yes i reinstalled xp11 and changed this setting and seems to have boosted me up to about 22 avg, was actually flyable but honestly as a "demo" it wont convince many to buy. I bought it because I like to support the community to keep pushing forward. I think is a grower with potential but for now its not a god to for me.  ill be going back to my p3d which i just got to worth perfectly. Maybe in 6-12 months this will be ready.

Some users were reporting success with it - maybe it will help someone.  I think a lot of people who got it are new to XP.

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

yes i reinstalled xp11 and changed this setting and seems to have boosted me up to about 22 avg, was actually flyable but honestly as a "demo" it wont convince many to buy. I bought it because I like to support the community to keep pushing forward. I think is a grower with potential but for now its not a god to for me.  ill be going back to my p3d which i just got to worth perfectly. Maybe in 6-12 months this will be ready.

Performance isn't optimized yet so you can't decide of that alone.

I'll check that. I seem to remember other OGL titles working better with threaded optimization set to off.

To be honest, frame rates for me a very good, but I do suffer quite a bit of stuttering, regardless of settings, but this may be another downside of this particular beta (demo) build.

Thank you Ryan! That cured my performance issue instantly. (A problem with being a Noob is not being aware of this sort of basic configuration requirement)

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Have someone a temporary solution for low fps with amd cards?

My System:

- MSI RX 480 Gaminx X 8GB I

- Intel i7 4790k

- 16 GB Ram

- SSD

- Windows 10

I only get about 14 Frames at high settings and 25 Frames at the lowest settings. I know it is a beta, but maybe someone has tips like modify the configurations file or something like that.