Sign in to follow this  
Lude2Envy

Operations Center isn't working with J41

It appears that my operations center isn't saving the settings to the J41. It'll download and install liveries, but I can't get the panel to load grey. It also doesn't appear to be saving because I can't get the FS2Crew panel to pop up. I'm following the directions in the FS2Crew manual and I am running the OC as "administrator." Thanks in advance. 

Edit: So it appears to work when running the config manager that's in the FSX\PMDG\JS4100 folder, but not with the OC. 

Edit: So it appears to work when running the config manager that's in the FSX\PMDG\JS4100 folder, but not with the OC.

My guess is that there are a list of issues to be resolved when PMDG starts working on the JS41 again. 

Dan Downs KCRP

My guess is that there are a list of issues to be resolved when PMDG starts working on the JS41 again. 

I know Robert has said in the past that they're going to revisit the J41. Do you know if this still holds true? The only problems I've experienced so far with FSX SE are the OC not saving settings and the IAS button not engaging while simultaneously disengaging the Alt Sel when it's selected. Other than that it works great. 

Do you know if this still holds true?

Until PMDG announces otherwise, yes.

Dan Downs KCRP

I know Robert has said in the past that they're going to revisit the J41. Do you know if this still holds true?

When I reported a minor bug to their support team recently, the response indicated that it was unlikely to be fixed as the J41 isn't likely to get any more updates which is hardly a big surprise. However, I wouldn't consider that an absolute and final answer on the topic, just the opinion of the agent, so let's hope it gets a refresh eventually. It fills a nice spot in the fleet and the two-tone cockpit is a lovely office to sit in! :smile:

• Upvote 1

Hi Guys,

So been away for a while - Pre "Operations Center"....

So I do not have any of the other PMDG AC so no OpCenter. I was trying to add a livery and it said I needed the OpCenter to install it.

How would I get this mysterious and allusive OpCenter :smile: ? Reinstall the JS41?

Rob Hollis

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

I'm having a similar issue since I've updated the Ops Center because of frequent access violation errors. It no longer shows any option for the J41 and displays the following message:

2017-01-23.png?psid=1

I followed the instructions, redownloaded the installer and tried reinstalling, but it didn't work.

Matheus Mafra

The OC should be working with the JS41 in FSX, but not FSXSE yet.

For additional support please visit PMDG Product Support and submit a trouble ticket.

Dan Downs KCRP

The message that appears in the Ops Center clearly states that any BAe JS4100 installer downloaded past 20FEB15 should enable functionality in FSX-SE. I had the J41 installed in this platform before and the OC worked well with it. I was able to download liveries and adjust all settings. This problem began after I performed a reinstall of FSX SE on my machine and ran a manual update of the OC to fix an access violation error that would make the application crash (as instructed by Kyle in the general forum). Anyhow, I'll open a support ticket with them.

Matheus Mafra

I have half functionality with the OC and the J41, after a completely fresh install of Windows 10 and FSX-SE. (I also have the 737NGX though)

I can install J41 liveries via the OC, but I can't configure the aircraft options - the page options but no changes are saved.

To edit the aircraft options, I found that running the "PMDG BAe JS4100 Configuration Manager" from the Start Menu works just fine. Maybe it will work for you too if you have the shortcut available.

A recent Op Center revision deleted the FSX-SE tab.  This was working well for me (except for editing aircraft options).  Is there a way to edit the registry to restore or redirect the existing FSX to the steam edition?

Tony Petrowksy