Hoping you will be able to assign a programmed view from the number pad to a joystick button or hat position. That would make a big difference. I feel with that I won't need any camera add ons.

You can assign any of the 10 Num-views to a button, at least in XP 10. If this isn't yet available in XP 11, we should file a request / bug report. I didn't get to try it yet, but will do tomorrow evening.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hoping you will be able to assign a programmed view from the number pad to a joystick button or hat position. That would make a big difference. I feel with that I won't need any camera add ons.

Chris

You already can, in settings. Choose the Joystick tab, select your button, hit the Edit button. This brings up a selection of commands that you can assign to a button (there's an overwhelming amount). I feel that the way the commands are organized and presented could use a bit of refinement, sometimes it can be wonky (it wasn't that user friendly in XP10 either, so perhaps it's an improvement). However, you can find the quick look commands under Views > Quick Look. There's ten of them that read "Go to save 3-D cockpit location #.." and ten of them that read "Memorize 3-D cockpit location #...". They're the most powerful when used in tandem - assign one button to "Go to" and a different button to "Memorize". They get even more powerful when you assign more than one set. That way you have two quick locations to quickly save a view to, that can be quickly (and smoothly) panned to.

Takes a bit of getting used to, but it's very powerful.

hi,

I'm new to X-Plane in general. I'm using the 11.

I need to set the use of mouse to look inside the 3D cockpit.

Because I linke to invert the moving direction (like something you need to invert the y axis in some game...)

I'd like to click the right button on mouse and look down moving the mouse up and viceversa. Moving the mouse down and look up...

Now it is that when I move the mouse down (using right click) I look down and moving it up I look up but it is not good for me.

Is it possible to change as I need?

Thank you so much.

good fly!!!

Stefano.