Sign in to follow this  
branks737

Touchdown landing effect

Hi,

Firstly I would like to say that I'm very impressed with the program so far and its only in Alpha stage.

Just wondering if there is a touchdown landing effect (like a jolt, depending on how hard you touchdown)?? If there is I can't seem to get it working. If there isn't, is it something that you guys will look into?, I sure do miss that effect from ezdok.

Regards

Branko Markovic

TO be honest, I can't really seem to be able to get any good camera shaking effects. I use the wind variable to get in flight turbulence in the 737 cause the gyroscopic doesn't react to anything yet. But it should be a combo gyroscopic and acceleration and ground evironment which would get you the required effect.

Interesting in what people use as values for aircrafts..

Victor Roos

Yeah I've tried a range of different values to try and recreate the touchdown effect, but without success. Like you said, can't wait for the community section to be up and running to share and compare values.

Thanks

Branko Markovic

There is no dedicated "touchdown" slider as they are, in our opinion, realistic enough using the real data provided by the acceleration and ground turbulence types

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Fair enough thanks for the reply. I will muck around with the turbulence settings until I find the right balance.

Branko Markovic

Hello Branko,

Have you been able to find any values that give you the desired effect? If so it would be great if you could share them.

Best regards

Fouad Chakib

Fouad Chakib

Well. I am not at the pc currently. But as far as I remember I use an Acceleration of 7.5 and Ground Turbulence of 3.5 to simulate touch down vibration for the Aerosoft Airbus. As far as I can say, I am happy with it

I am looking for any smart values on the PMDG 777. Right now I dont notive anything when touching down, also when the nose wheel touches down - nothing. I thought PMDG would already include this effect, is chase plane somehow corrupting it?

On 26/08/2017 at 9:25 PM, nizar_AF said:

Hello Branko,

Have you been able to find any values that give you the desired effect? If so it would be great if you could share them.

Best regards

Fouad Chakib

Hi chakib, no I gave up on it many months I just couldn't find a good balance  with settings and I couldn't reproduce any touch down/landing affect, which was a deal breaker for me. I ended up going with a competitor. 

Is the community share prest feature up and running now? I am willing to give CP another go if this feature is active.

Branko

Hi Branko,

Thanks for your reply. Yes the community sharing feature is up and running and many simmers posted their different presets in there. I've tried some of them but none has an effective turbulence shaking effect let alone a touchdown one. Unfortunately CP developper does not provide particular help in aiding users to understand the tuning effects. Aside from this, CP remains a good application for what it does.

Regards

Fouad

Fouad Chakib

8 hours ago, nizar_AF said:

Unfortunately CP developper does not provide particular help in aiding users to understand the tuning effects.

We are working on the documentation at this time. Everything will be detailed in there.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thanks Keven. This is good news as I'm sure it will help users get the most out of the software capabilities.

Fouad

Fouad Chakib