Sign in to follow this  
LEFTSEAT

TFDi Design 717: Approaching Beta

I can't believe there isn't more excitement for this release.

I think there is a lot of excitement!  I about wet myself when I read it's on Beta. That's exciting news for sure.

There is a lot to like already: $60 purchase covers all 3 sims (FSX, FSX:SE and P3D.) They're also specifically targeting performance/framerate which is something I think more developers should be doing (Majestic's Q400 is the perfect example of total systems simulation with great FPS.)

• Upvote 1

What did Southwest do with their 717s when they absorbed AirTran?

These are the 717s that I used to see flying over my house when AirTran was in Huntsville, AL.  That's when I realized that I really wanted this aircraft in flight simulator.

I think there is a lot of excitement!  I about wet myself when I read it's on Beta. That's exciting news for sure.

You and I are on the same page.  Others.....not so much.  The TFDi forums have light traffic.  Avsim...same thing.  Not much talk about this.  But holy cow....there's a new 747 coming out!!!!  :P

These are the 717s that I used to see flying over my house when AirTran was in Huntsville, AL.  That's when I realized that I really wanted this aircraft in flight simulator.

Love Huntsville and MSFC.  I took my daughter down there 5 years ago to visit.  

My first flight in a 717 was two years ago from KMDW to KMCO.   It was right after Southwest and AirTran merged their schedules.  Great experience and like you, I can't wait for this release!

You and I are on the same page. Others.....not so much. The TFDi forums have light traffic. Avsim...same thing. Not much talk about this. But holy cow....there's a new 747 coming out!!!! :P

I'd have to agree, I'm hyped about the PMDG 747 but will pass on this and stick with the 737, 777, 747 and occasional MD-11 flight.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

There is a lot to like already: $60 purchase covers all 3 sims (FSX, FSX:SE and P3D.) They're also specifically targeting performance/framerate which is something I think more developers should be doing (Majestic's Q400 is the perfect example of total systems simulation with great FPS.)

With you on that.  Short-haul works for me.  So does performance optimization (a neglected art).  I only wish I got along better with the Q400 - can never quite come to terms with its personality.  I owe it another chance... or the 717 could be my solution.  

Lets not forget the new from the ground up shared cockpit! One click setup, for both pilots. If one sim drops out the host can connect to the other pilot or vice-versa and the flight will continue right where it has been whether its cruise, approach etc. That is going to be phenomenal!

• Upvote 1

I'd have to agree, I'm hyped about the PMDG 747 but will pass on this and stick with the 737, 777, 747 and occasional MD-11 flight.

I'm the other way around. Excited for this and will definitely will pass on the PMDG 747. It is great that we have choices.

• Upvote 3