Sign in to follow this  
LEFTSEAT

TFDi Design 717: Approaching Beta

I'm certainly excited...I just bought imaginesim's KATL in a black friday sale so that's a great base for some 717 ops.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Congrats to them. I have watched some of their streams and they are younger aviation enthusiasts with programming skills and chose the right airplane to develop, about time a 717 simulation is released. I will be buying this on release day and set up virtual shop in Hawaii.

I can't believe there isn't more excitement for this release.

The team is new is it not? They have no history like a PMDG release, so people are not familiar with their upcoming work like all of us sitting on the PMDG General forum waiting for more news for years about the 747v3.

The team is new is it not? They have no history like a PMDG release, so people are not familiar with their upcoming work like all of us sitting on the PMDG General forum waiting for more news for years about the 747v3.

That may be part of the reason - that they are a new team.  But, I would venture to guess that another reason this isn't the most earth shattering release is that the 717 is not in service in a lot of airlines and is no longer in production.  So, it's hard to compete with the 737/777 and A320.  And, the 747, well, that's one of the most iconic aircraft ever produced.  So, even though its numbers may be dwindling as far as being in service, it's still of course going to draw a lot of attention.

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely looking forward to it too and will buy day one.  I will do some nostalgic Midwest Airlines flights(used to work for them back when they were "The Best Care in the Air").

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I'm pretty excited about getting a 717 with deep systems and a good FDE.   Eagerly waiting to see how this one will be.

David Norman Paul

Hi Folks,

It's close enough to an MD for me - if it gets good reviews - I'll be hopp'n around the Hawaiian islands...

:wink:

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

No Fokker 100 from DA, this is the next best thing and it's looking awesome. First day buy (if they don't go over the top with the price as it's usual nowadays).

• Upvote 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I know these guys.... they're good, honest young men who work very hard.  I haven't seen the project in over a year, but I'm confident it will be a good one.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I can't believe there isn't more excitement for this release.

I think most flight sim enthusiast are weary of the "immediate release" rhetoric.  For some reason, immediate release in the flight sim world could mean months, if not years (e.g. LVD 757, Aerosoft CRJ, etc...).  I think most people are just happy to wait and see.  Also, I agree with Dave; TFDi appear to be an exceptional team, which I will gladly support with my wallet.  Their update are routine, tangible and contain no overzealous hyperbole comments.  As a consumer, I really appreciate their hard work and advertisement methodologies!     

Matt King

Well, they're not completely new; they're the ones that develop smartcars (software that I'm sure many people in VAs are familiar with). But yes, this is their first foray into aircraft development. 

I'm actually pretty excited about this one, and will probably buy it soon after release.  I understand the flight deck is similar to the MD-11, and I still enjoy flying the PMDG MD-11 from time to time.  It will be cool to tool around in the MD-11's little brother.  Even though it's no longer in production, the 717 still sees lots of domestic service in the U.S. with Delta and Hawaiian Airlines.

What did Southwest do with their 717s when they absorbed AirTran?

Leased them to Delta.

Sheldon "Bill" Williams