Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

New PROATC/X version released 1.8.7.0

The next time you run PROATC/X it should auto update, if you have the option to update selected, this is to notify those that do not. Not sure what has changed yet, Here are the release notes, looks mainly like a bug fix.

The latest update

Loading saved flight situations
- The issue on loading saved flight situations some users had is fixed. It was caused by situations saved with a very
  old version

Generated FMC Flight Plans
- The Airbus X Extended now loads flight plans as it should. It is the only aircraft, which needs 10 characters for the
  flight plan name. Therefore please enter ICAO departure + ICAO destination + 01 under CoRoute.
  E.g. KLAX to KSFO will be 'KLAXKSFO01'.

- For all other aircraft please simply enter ICAO departure + ICAO destination.
  E.g. KLAX to KSFO will be 'KLAXKSFO'.

Approach
- A few things had been approved on approach.

Options
- An additional option within Options/Weather has been added for ActiveSky 2016 as there are 2 different Apps available for FSX/P3D.
  Therefore you may now save the 2 paths separately when using FSX/P3D at the same time.

- Spanish is now available as ATC Text Instructions and as GUI language thanks to -LVARO BAYONA, who has translated the according files into ES.

Main Window
- The log files are now listed under Help¨>Available Log Files by Date/Time/From/To/Filename.

Flight Planning Window
- When calculating a route automatically within the planning window, PRO-ATC/X now finds more routes than it did before.

The update is an exe file, which you only have to execute. Then select the Proatcx folder as target, which is automatically recognized when having v1.8.5.0 installed.

Link to update

http://www.pointsoftware.de/download/proatcx/proatcx-update-1870.exe

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

The next time you run PROATC/X it should auto update,

This new version does not auto-update, and I think they are proposing withdrawing the auto-update mechanism.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

This new version does not auto-update, and I think they are proposing withdrawing the auto-update mechanism.

Pete

Hi Pete,

it does auto-update, if you run it from inside the application. 

Hi Pete,

it does auto-update, if you run it from inside the application. 

Hmm. They must have quickly fixed it then. I'll re-download. (Others fond the same thing as I BTW).

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I had hoped pete was correct .... this is one add-on i would avoid auto-update with.

but then i do it it with most ie wait & watch ... except fsuipc &  active sky !!

for now, cheers

john martin

Think you need to have "Automatically check for updates" ticked in Options>Application.  Believe that is off by default.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Think you need to have "Automatically check for updates" ticked in Options>Application.  Believe that is off by default.

I believe what pete & others are now saying is that it updates "period"...if you check "check".

it's all a tad sloppy .... no details on what config / ini / navdata etc. is or isn't overwritten.

but then, that's PATC !

for now, cheers

john martin

I believe what pete & others are now saying is that it updates "period"...if you check "check".

it's all a tad sloppy .... no details on what config / ini / navdata etc. is or isn't overwritten.

but then, that's PATC !

WoW!  How negative is that?  The ProATC-X team has made the product 200% better than what it was when it was first released.  Why would it overwrite your navdata?  I saw no indication of any config or ini overwrittten.  They asked that you import your navdata again. It updated the software to make it interact better with other addons and FSX/P3D. On their download page they clearly show what was updated/changed.  I think the main reason for their update system is to make sure you own the product as I have seen on their site the download link is in the forum registration section so you have to verify your ownership first.  Anytime a developer can protect his/her product from thieves, the better for everyone!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I am quite happy with this product and can confirm that the update went super smooth. Congrats Pro-ATC.

Mario Di Lauro

but then, that's PATC !

I have not seen ini/cfg files changed during any update. They do want you to re import your navdata in the event an update changes file structures. All you are doing is reprocessing the data you already have from Navigraph to make sure the data structure matches what the updated software expects. Not sure why you think this is a problem?

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

+1

Update went very smooth here, and you only have to reimport Navdata. Pro-ATC has become a very good addon program that I regularly use on my flights.

Peter

I got an auto update and I was prompted to re-import my AIRAC data, which I did and everything went smoothly. Wasn't a big deal at all. In fact, I was more surprised by the release of the update than anything. Thanks Pro-ATC

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

How negative is that?

about 10% .....

so it seems it does not autoupdate as previously, just autochecks for a user's call.

and it seems it isn't replacing your airac with an older one (as it did with 1850 full) the userdata (airports / holdings / options settings aren't lost) and only your flightplans remain.

sounds good.

for now, cheers

john martin

about 10% .....

so it seems it does not autoupdate as previously, just autochecks for a user's call.

and it seems it isn't replacing your airac with an older one (as it did with 1850 full) the userdata (airports / holdings / options settings aren't lost) and only your flightplans remain.

sounds good.

The one thing I think is if the re-import of NAVDATA is required, it should be part of the update process, rather than make it a separate step. That would actually help the support of the developer, as they wouldn't have to deal with potential issues that could be directly linked to users that failed to do the re-import.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!