Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Work-around fixes for no wind data or panel ini files installing?

Spoke with support last week and they said it is a known bug with the Ops Center and data uplink in FSX Steam that happens. But I am missing having the wind data uploaded, I am getting carpel tunnel syndrome manually entering all the wind data for each waypoint in pre-flight. Has any one found a work around fix to get the data uplink working? I would like to not wait until after the 747 release and then the development team fixes this. Thank you... - David Lee

Spoke with support last week and they said it is a known bug with the Ops Center and data uplink in FSX Steam that happens. But I am missing having the wind data uploaded, I am getting carpel tunnel syndrome manually entering all the wind data for each waypoint in pre-flight. Has any one found a work around fix to get the data uplink working? I would like to not wait until after the 747 release and then the development team fixes this. Thank you... - David Lee

Hi David,

I'm a little unclear as to what your issue is.  AFAIK, Steam works fine with uploading wind data from ASN (or presumably AS16, which I don't have).  Please explain a bit more what problem you are having.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi David,

I'm a little unclear as to what your issue is.  AFAIK, Steam works fine with uploading wind data from ASN (or presumably AS16, which I don't have).  Please explain a bit more what problem you are having.

Mike

I am not sure to be honest what is the cause. I was told by support it is a bug in certain cases where the Ops Center does not install panel configurations and the 777 has no data uplink - David Lee

Spoke with support last week and they said it is a known bug with the Ops Center and data uplink in FSX Steam that happens. But I am missing having the wind data uploaded, I am getting carpel tunnel syndrome manually entering all the wind data for each waypoint in pre-flight. Has any one found a work around fix to get the data uplink working? I would like to not wait until after the 747 release and then the development team fixes this

Hi David,

In Steam, I looked through both the top level FSX\PMDG folder and the FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 777-200LR folder (and all sub folders in both cases) and I don't see a panel.ini file anywhere.  I do see a number of ini files in the FSX\PMDG\PMDG 777X folder:

777X_Colors.ini

777X_Options.ini

777X_Shortcuts.ini

777X_TCAS.ini

Also:

777_debuglog.txt

In the FSX\PMDG\PMDG 777-200LR\Aircraft folder are ini files that start with the tail number of each installed aircraft.

Finally, in ... PMDG\PMDG 777-200LR\PanelState there are default panel states and panel states for all saved flights.  In particular, from PMDG:

777 CLDDRK

777 DEFAULT

and some others. Each panel state has at least two files, while saved flights usually have three.

So a couple of questions:

1) Which of these files is missing in your setup?

2) Do you have the latest install?  It is version 1.10.7025.  However since several installation files with this version number were issued last December & January, check that in the ... Airplanes\PMDG 777-200 LR\model folder the ...mdl file is dated 1\11\2016.

3) Do you have a dual install or a single install of FSX Steam?  Do you see a file called wx.pln in

C:\Users\[YOUR NAME\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files (dual install)

C:\Users\[YOUR NAME\Documents\Flight Simulator X  (single install)

wx.pln is written by the 777 and read by ASN.

Hope this helps!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi David,

In Steam, I looked through both the top level FSX\PMDG folder and the FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 777-200LR folder (and all sub folders in both cases) and I don't see a panel.ini file anywhere.  I do see a number of ini files in the FSX\PMDG\PMDG 777X folder:

777X_Colors.ini

777X_Options.ini

777X_Shortcuts.ini

777X_TCAS.ini

Also:

777_debuglog.txt

In the FSX\PMDG\PMDG 777-200LR\Aircraft folder are ini files that start with the tail number of each installed aircraft.

Finally, in ... PMDG\PMDG 777-200LR\PanelState there are default panel states and panel states for all saved flights.  In particular, from PMDG:

777 CLDDRK

777 DEFAULT

and some others. Each panel state has at least two files, while saved flights usually have three.

So a couple of questions:

1) Which of these files is missing in your setup?

2) Do you have the latest install?  It is version 1.10.7025.  However since several installation files with this version number were issued last December & January, check that in the ... Airplanes\PMDG 777-200 LR\model folder the ...mdl file is dated 1\11\2016.

3) Do you have a dual install or a single install of FSX Steam?  Do you see a file called wx.pln in

C:\Users\[YOUR NAME\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files (dual install)

C:\Users\[YOUR NAME\Documents\Flight Simulator X  (single install)

wx.pln is written by the 777 and read by ASN.

Hope this helps!

Mike

The panel ini files for each repaint. installed into fsx\pmdg\777\aircraft I think. Named the aircraft registration, example N777BA.ini

I have a single install and the pln files are not getting written. - David Lee

Spoke with support last week and they said it is a known bug with the Ops Center and data uplink in FSX Steam that happens.

Why don't you just accept that as the answer and try to find a way to enter the winds aloft by waypoint only if there is a significant change in direction/speed from waypoint to waypoint. Could you please explain how you get your winds aloft by waypoint to enter into the FMC.

The panel ini files for each repaint. installed into fsx\pmdg\777\aircraft I think. Named the aircraft registration, example N777BA.ini

I have a single install and the pln files are not getting written. - David Lee

Please check your Avsim messages.

The wx.pln file seems to get written when you do your first winds upload request.  If uploading winds starts to work, maybe the wx.pln file will be generated as well.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Why don't you just accept that as the answer and try to find a way to enter the winds aloft by waypoint only if there is a significant change in direction/speed from waypoint to waypoint. Could you please explain how you get your winds aloft by waypoint to enter into the FMC.

Thank you for adding nothing to my topic but "get over it" asking if some others have a solution

Please check your Avsim messages.

The wx.pln file seems to get written when you do your first winds upload request.  If uploading winds starts to work, maybe the wx.pln file will be generated as well.

Mike

I am flying and after I land, I'll troubleshoot. Thank you for the help. - David Lee

Thank you for adding nothing to my topic but "get over it" asking if some others have a solution

You are welcome!