Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

What was Your First Payware Purchase?

Perhaps someone has done something like this before, not sure.

In my case, I just looked up all my accounts and records and found:

• FSLandClass Country Kit Central Canada 1 by Burkhard Renk for FS2002

August 18, 2002

I subsequently bought all the landclass made by Burkhard.

Funny it doesn't seem that long ago, but it is 14 years.  Prior to this I used freeware addons and made my own for FS1998 and FS2002. Since then I have amassed many $1,000s in purchases not including several PCs.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

One of the floppy 5.25 in. discs with regional scenery for MSFS circa 1988.

NAX669.png

I believe mine was back in '98. Something from Lago, however I can't remember exactly what it was.

How time flies!

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

sometime in the late 80s.  I remember begging my dad to take me to a local software store in a Chicago suburb..it was for some scenery expansion for either A.T.P or MSFS that was compatible with our Tandy 1000.  Nice memory as I remember my father had literally zero understanding what a PC was or what a simulator was....it was was an easy sell as I'm sure he liked to see me interested in something :) 

For me it was the DreamFleet Piper Archer II for FS2002. I actually went halves on it with a friend, as the idea of buying a single aircraft which was nearly as much as the game/sim itself was quite a new concept at the time, and that lessened the financial blow.

Nowadays, the base sim is often at the cheaper end of the scale compared to some of the add-ons I've bought!

Times sure change. Back then a VC was a barely-usable novelty, though I always found it far easier to land in that view, even if the instruments were barely legible.

Although my flight simming goes back farther than this, the first payware I bought was the PMDG B737NG for FS2004 in 2009, followed shortly thereafter by the LevelD B767 and PMDG B747-400 for FS2004.

Many, many since then.  Last one was Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended for FSX.

Randy

My first one was Bruce Artwick Organization (BAO) Aircraft and Scenery Designer for FS4

Then followed by the Sound, Graphics, and Aircraft Upgrade SGA by Mallard (Bruce Artwick) for FS4

Matthew Kane

A subLOGIC Scenery Disk (#11) for the C64 back in the mid-80s.

Oh yeah I forgot about those. Mine was Disk #4 followed by Disk #3

Matthew Kane

Funny it doesn't seem that long ago, but it is 14 years... 

Bryan

Bryan, Time does fly when you are having fun, doesn't it!

For me it was a fighter jet in 1998(ish) but don't remember the title.

I know one thing, it was the latest and best "advanced aircraft" and made a complete slideshow on my new IBM Thinkpad.

Some things never change! :Tounge:

Kind regards,

Abacus Corporate Pilot a long time ago. Got it from Electronics Boutique or Software ETC. Don't remember clearly. 

Visual Flight's John Farrie produced the first Photo scenery for England & Wales (FS2002), along with a custom Mesh.  It was a 4.8m product.  Which back then was out of this world.  The foundation for all forthcoming PS and ran well on a 450MHz P3 Processor with 500MB of Ram.....how things have changed 5GHz OC processors and 32GB Ram and 32cm resolution tied in to VR. 

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Incredible stuff, and we are still at it.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

CLS A330/A340. Only thing I flew until I got the PMDG 747 a few months later and became obsessed with complexity. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg