Sign in to follow this  
johnbla

Beta 7.2 voice config crashes

Hi

Everytime I click on speak on a voice in the Voice Configuration exe, it crashes. I have a couple of ATT voices. It even crashes the default Microsoft voices. I had no problems with the previous beta 7 version.

When I open the Vox panel in the sim, I get a few voices saying testing and then I get the dreaded fatal error. I ensure that I first have a flight plan loaded.

Anyone else having this problem or could anyone suggest a few answers? I have re run the indexer.

P3D ver 3.3 with Win10.

Many thanks.

John

I had exactly the same problem.

I managed to get voices by installing the voxpop download voices but I have never had to do that in the past,I usually use Ivona voices or even the Microsoft ones.

These vox voices are not very good so I don't reckon I will persevere with my new assessment of Voxatc unless this voice issue is fixed.

P2atc is still ahead, for me.

I had no issues at all with using either the voxpop voices (although i do not rate them highly), or additional IVONA voices (which I do rate very highly!)

I am running P3D 3.4/win10

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I have never had trouble with Ivona or other voices until this version of Voxatc.

I have tried the usual tricks, reinstalling etc, without joy.

If anyone finds a solution, or a reason for this anomaly, please let me know as these voxpop voices are disappointing!

I am also running p3d v3.4 and the latest win 10.

I have installed additional Windows speech packs (Australian, British, and Spanish) VoxATC 7.2 is recognizing and using those voices. (The Spanish actually speaks English with an accent).

I have installed additional Windows speech packs (Australian, British, and Spanish) VoxATC 7.2 is recognizing and using those voices. (The Spanish actually speaks English with an accent).

Hey Mad_Mac

Can you point me in the right direction to get the additional speech packs? I searched the net but could not find them.

Thanks

John

Hey Mad_Mac

Can you point me in the right direction to get the additional speech packs? I searched the net but could not find them.

Thanks

John

In Windows 10 start at settings (in the start menu). Go to languages, select English, after downlading the dialect of your choice, open that language, click on options, and install the speech packs that go with it. I did find a nice description of this with pictures and everything, but don't recall where. Hope this helps.

Thanks Mad_Mac

I have installed the Spanish voice, however, as my original post, when i click on speak on the voiceconfig.exe, it crashes. the Spanish voice even crashed it. I have sent an email to Vox support, It will be interesting if I get a reply.

John

I removed beta 72 and reinstalled beta 7 and now I find the ivona voices no longer work in it as well.

It has been a few weeks since I tried beta 7 when the ivona voices did work so could it be that one of those  windows 10 "updates on the fly" has occurred and messed up something linking to vox, resulting in ivona voices not working in vox 7 and 72? (For some of us!)

The ivona voices still seem to work as they always have done in MCE.

If any one else has the voice problem, I managed to get my Ivona voices and Cepestral voices to work when using Voxatc in p3d, but still get a fatal error if I try to test the voices by pressing "speak" in the voice configuration screen.

What I did, and it may not work for anyone else and I am not really sure why it worked, is as follows:

I had been using "Spad.next" to drive my Saitek panels but  I had bother with it so I uninstalled it.

then I followed this:

On Windows 10, 8.1, and 8, the Deployment Image & Servicing Management tool can fix component store corruption that prevents the SFC command from working properly.

To run this command, open a Command Prompt as administrator. Type the following command and press Enter. DISM will check your Windows component store for corruption and automatically fix any problems it finds.

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

and then this:

Type the following command into the Command Prompt window and press Enter to run a full system scan:

sfc /scannow

both these applications completed without reporting any errors, but something must have changed because these voices now work in p3d, and what a difference it makes!

John,

Voice config also crashes on my system. I'm on a W7 Pro PC using FSX-A and no spad.  It only happens, as you point out, when pressing 'speak' on any add-on voice. I have a few Ivona voices and it crashes on those, but not on any VoxPop voices. The Ivona voices do work in-game, so that's the most important thing. But, yes, it does crash.

Jay

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

Not sure what your issue is, but I suspect its your system and a conflict in your rig somewhere. See my videos in the other threads of vox beta 7.2 and you'll see the ivona voices can work just fine :) kev

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Yes, they work fine "in game", just not when you try to test them in the voice configuration thing.

It must be an individual computer hiccup that affects some and not others. The previous build of voxbeta, 7, didn't have this problem.

Just tried Voice Configuration exe with only the Microsoft voices and it crashed. I then tried Voxatc in P3D ver 3.3 with just these voices and I got the fatal error message. The previous beta was OK. Something seriously wrong here.