Sign in to follow this  
johnbla

Beta 7.2 voice config crashes

Just tried Voice Configuration exe with only the Microsoft voices and it crashed. I then tried Voxatc in P3D ver 3.3 with just these voices and I got the fatal error message. The previous beta was OK. Something seriously wrong here.

My apologies...  it seems I can use the voices in sim fine, and the voice config manager can add and delete useable voices ok, but when using the 'speak' button to test them the voice config program does indeed crash every time.  Cheers K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Kevin,

Thanks for confirming.  Not a game changer, just a minor annoyance.  As you point out, the voices work fine in-game, it's just the voice config app that presents a problem.

Best,

Jay

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

Guys

​Same problem and already sent feedback to Tegwyn.  Crashes as soon as I try to test the speak function using IVONA, VOX or the MS default.   Bit of a bummer as he had managed to fix the RunwayUpdater...........

Brgds

Ken

Complete and utter insurrection

The in-sim voices seem to be fine for most people.

Have you tried a reinstall in case something became messed up?

Hi John

I did a full, clean reinstall, same issue;  voices crash when selecting speak and Fatal Error when launched in the sim.  With the lack of feedback from the developer it´s hard to say what the current state is.

It worked well enough in Beta 7.0 although the Voices.exe seemed slow running to me.

Complete and utter insurrection

Hi John

I did a full, clean reinstall, same issue;  voices crash when selecting speak and Fatal Error when launched in the sim.  With the lack of feedback from the developer it´s hard to say what the current state is.

It worked well enough in Beta 7.0 although the Voices.exe seemed slow running to me.

As I've shown in my videos the voices do work in sim, this is not a generic Vox beta problem.  Therefore it follows it must be something related to your system.

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the voices?  Have you checked to see if they work in other applications?  Are they full and registered copies?

Have you uploaded the error log to the dev?

Cheers K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

Hi Kevin

Yes to all the above.  Nothing else has changed on my system.

Brgds

Ken

Strange then, whats your hardware soundwise? Have you tried reinstalling drivers? Does the error log show any identifiable event when it crashes?

xaP1VAU.png

I had no issues at all with using either the voxpop voices (although i do not rate them highly), or additional IVONA voices (which I do rate very highly!)

I am running P3D 3.4/win10

I wasn't able to install the VoxPop voices at all in the P3D V3 7.2 beta because the VoxPopBase installer points to the VoxATC-X installation which is for FSX. The installer must add some entries to either a VoxATC configuration file or to the Windows registry because the first female VoxVoice installer says VoxPopBase not installed. I'm not about to reinstall VoxATC-X V6 (which I uninstalled) just to get those voices. 

Think it's time to go back to 6.52

Already done! I'm addicted to ATC, and 6.52 installed into P3d HF3 using the migration tool is working well enough to get by while waiting for what, if anything, comes next.

See the other VOXATC 7 beta thread. The VoxPop base installer is now available on the app's website and it works with P3d V3. The speak function in the voice configuration utility now works at least with the 5 VoxPop voices.