Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Is it too early for Falcon Fever ?

Hi Folks,

Flysimware's bun in the oven ?

LOL - I'm sure it's a long way off - but just started poking around at Falcon 50's... The plane never really captured my imagination before - but it's growing on me... Just found some neat paint jobs that seem to do the plane justice and maybe they will strike a chord with FSW guys too... There are a lot of "bad" paints out there for this bird in the real world - probably due to the unusual shape - hah - it's a mini L1011 - another somewhat ungainly bird...

I like N250MJ the best...

F50_4_zpsmnmq2at3.png

F50_3_zpsxyiep8ke.png

F50_2_zpsjztcjy5x.png

F50_1_zpslc0spdhi.jpg

Fal-50-182-Ext_php__zpsmfmxrrfs.jpg

1999_dassault_falcon_50_ex_1c_zpseftqtde

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Goodness, small plane with 3 engines !!!   Must do, what,  Mach 2.5 ?!   Too many engines, but still looks awsome, LOL.

jgoncalves

Too many engines? What about a Lockheed Jetstar then.. *I'm looking at you, Mark* :wink:

Lockheed_L-1329_JetStar_731_AN2196665.jp

• Upvote 1

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

Ugly?  Oh man I think it's one of the sexiest planes out there.  The Falcon in general - the newer Falcon 2000's, with those winglets... mmmm..mmmm.mmmm!

After getting this Lear I'm pretty excited!

Here's one I took of the Volkswagen corporate jet - was here in Duluth a few years ago (pic sucks it was my iphone).  Honestly this might be a 7X I'm not positive.  But those three holers all look the same!

vollkswagendlh.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi Mathais,

Hah - now THAT is too many engines...

Hi Ryan,

LOL - I never said "ugly" just a little awkward looking - it's growing on me - they need resemble military fighters - hence my love of the Lear... I know very little about biz jets - but - LOL - you're three holer has way too many windows... Nice looking plane though - does it meet US emission standards ???

:wink:

Regards,
Scott 

Three engines were necessary those days. The Falcon 50 was put into service in the 70's. With 2 engines they had to stay within 60 minutes to the next airport, which made (for example) transatlantic flights much longer than necessary. With 3 holes they could fly just like the airliners, whcih in turn also had at least 3 engines for this reason. EROPS/ETOPS was still some years away..

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

The FBI and CIA used Falcon 50s for routine travel around the world.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Can't wait! Any of the Falcon 3 holers are simply gorgeous. The Jetstar however, I've never thought of anything but hideous.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Haha agree - same with the Sabreliner!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ryan, that is most definitely a 7x.

Three engines also give you better runway performance on takeoff (not sure why....something about better second segment climb performance after an engine failure).

If you're clever when you design the airframe, you get some fun fuel burn advantages as well. The 7x practically sips fuel at altitude compared to it's twin-engined counterparts.

Increased maintenance costs though....

DB

Hah - had to look up the Sabreliner - yeah - concur - that bird has a face that only a mother could love...

:Tounge:

Regards,
Scott

Hi Folks,

Nice video and noted something I haven't seen before - three engines - only one thrust reverser ??? Nice paint - it looks hard to do - but - I'm intrigued...

Regards,
Scott

Hi Folks,

Nice video and noted something I haven't seen before - three engines - only one thrust reverser ??? Nice paint - it looks hard to do - but - I'm intrigued...

Regards,

Scott

Correct. The Falcon Tri-Jets (F50, 900, 7x, 8x) all have one reverser on the mid-engine only. Couldn't tell you why, but it seems they don't really need the other two.

Those aircraft already have better runway performance than any other jet in their class.

DB

• Upvote 1

I'm really looking forward to the FA50!

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |